Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i am going to sandblast my chieftec dragon case tomorrow so i can repaint it. What colors should I do?

I am thinking of painting each peice either green red and yellow seperately to have a rastafarian theme sort of

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Purple and gold.
Orange and white.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
A luxurious dark purple with light blue and teal accents
Lmao that sounds so soothing

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenoc View Post
So i am going to sandblast my chieftec dragon case tomorrow
Are you going to have it sandblasted or do it yourself? I personally would just sand and paint it. Sandblasting if done wrong can really warp the panels from the heat it generates. Now if they or you use walnut shells or baking soda you should have no problems.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Are you going to have it sandblasted or do it yourself? I personally would just sand and paint it. Sandblasting if done wrong can really warp the panels from the heat it generates. Now if they or you use walnut shells or baking soda you should have no problems.
I am going to sandblast it myself and the chieftec case uses steel and i am going to brace the pieces with wood behind it anyways when i do it. so would that be ok to sandblast it then?

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenoc View Post
I am going to sandblast it myself and the chieftec case uses steel and i am going to brace the pieces with wood behind it anyways when i do it. so would that be ok to sandblast it then?
Is there a reason you think it needs blasted? If it still has stock factory paint I would use that as a base. Blasting will leave a pretty rough surface that will need quite a bit of primer to smooth it out and multiple sanding passes.
Even with it backed up it could very well still warp, it's not the pressure but the heat that will warps the panels.

What kind of blaster do you own and how big is your compressor?

Hope that helps. Not trying to talk you out of it just hate to see you do so much unneeded work.

But.....blasting is fun! Very manly!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:
Is there a reason you think it needs blasted? If it still has stock factory paint I would use that as a base. Blasting will leave a pretty rough surface that will need quite a bit of primer to smooth it out and multiple sanding passes.
Even with it backed up it could very well still warp, it's not the pressure but the heat that will warps the panels.

What kind of blaster do you own and how big is your compressor?

Hope that helps. Not trying to talk you out of it just hate to see you do so much unneeded work.

But.....blasting is fun! Very manly!
The case is made out of steel so i dont think it would warp but for the texture i want it a little rough and i dont know the specs of the blaster but it shall be a fun project

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes i sandblasted all of my panels and it turned out perfect ill have pics up sometime soon. I am also thinking of spray painting the sides yellow and the top and bottom black, for all the stuff im doing i think im gonna end up making a work log

1 - 14 of 14 Posts