Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,730 Posts
They want to make money just like all game developers.

They have always talked about piracy on PC as well. And piracy is not as rampant on consoles. I think that may have had some bearing on their decision.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,110 Posts
This is sad. Why? Because they will focus optimization for the consoles first, then port it to PC. Lowering the performance of the games for PC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,111 Posts
i wonder if they will make a ps3 game cause i remember reading interviews where they bashed the ps3 simply becuase it was hard to code for. They didnt like the idea of having to learn something new. Either way i hope thye just make some good games and they run well on all platforms they come out on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
389 Posts
Honestly PC Piracy is too easy, so very easy its unreal. I actually buy PC games though, but for my PC not many games actually work.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
64,361 Posts
I think this is great for the console world and I look forward to what they can bring to the table. Indeed they will get ripped off less on console as piracy on console software is nowhere near the amount of piracy on PC software.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
816 Posts
Indeed. To pirate on consoles, you have to be able to solder in mod-chips and blah blah blah.

Which I have no idea how to do nor do I condone/desire to.

Still, I don't game much so it doesn't affect me too much. My rig won't run much anyways...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,202 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by thenut
View Post

They want to make money just like all game developers.

They have always talked about piracy on PC as well. And piracy is not as rampant on consoles. I think that may have had some bearing on their decision.

Get some matches, and sticks, and a big wooden pole. Were having an old fashioned pirate hunt and burn!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,757 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by postaldudeleo
View Post

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/804/804112p1.html

iD has stated in an interview that they will develop multi-platform games geared for the console, and release for console and PC at the same time.

*stabs babies, kicks puppies, drowns kittens*

God, I f`ing hate consoles! I'm so sick of getting console hand-me-downs on my $1200 gaming rig.

Oh, look, if you buy an operating system more expensive by itself than an x-box, you can play Halo 2 with insignificant graphics tweaks? OH JOYMUFFINS!

I mean, what was the point?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,576 Posts
I frankly don't see the point of these 8800GTX rigs anymore.. So many devs are giving PC's just a bad name.

I may as well have bought a budget system for school and a PS3... .-.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,757 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by TheFatBloke
View Post

Honestly PC Piracy is too easy, so very easy its unreal. I actually buy PC games though, but for my PC not many games actually work.

But the point of most games is multiplayer nowadays. The Single-player is fun, and it excites, prepares, and trains you for the endless hours of multiplayer. I hate demos because they never give you the feel for a game, so I have downloaded games before and played them through to see if they're good, then if I liked them, I got them retail.

It's impossible to play most modern games online. Servers want valid serials, end of story. And the game market is a little more resiliant to piracy than say, the music industry. Ever heard of half-life 2 having problems with piracy?

Anyone can download a torrent, but about 1% of people know how to trick servers, and half those people have the caliber to steal a game like half-life 2.

Piracy is a problem, but it's being solved.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,576 Posts
I have yet to see anyone with a pirated copy of BF2 play on a ranked server, not be caught by PB.. I know people that do have BF2 pirated and I have played at their house before I had the game.. Once I got it and played multiplayer it was just a different story. Like a whole new game... Every game should be online, multiplayer an have a main story online.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
986 Posts
ID has sucked since they made Quake 3...in essence:

Who cares?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,576 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Nechen
View Post

ID has sucked since they made Quake 3...in essence:

Who cares?

They aren't the only ones doing this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,757 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Nechen
View Post

ID has sucked since they made Quake 3...in essence:

Who cares?

*flame flame flame flame flame*

Quake 4 was absolutely amazing. The multiplayer felt similar to Quake 3, but more pleasing. The single-player was good. Doom 3 was amazing all around. I love ID games and always have.

And Quake 3 kind of sucked, it was a dissapointment from ID games. That was no way their last "good" game. Your game tastes are as good as my ****** next-door neighbor's music tastes. Fail.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
642 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by CuriouslyHigh
View Post

*stabs babies, kicks puppies, drowns kittens*

God, I f`ing hate consoles! I'm so sick of getting console hand-me-downs on my $1200 gaming rig.

Oh, look, if you buy an operating system more expensive by itself than an x-box, you can play Halo 2 with insignificant graphics tweaks? OH JOYMUFFINS!

I mean, what was the point?


Thats why people buy consoles.
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top