Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
For my Antec Three Hundred Mod I wanted to replace the rivets with thumbscrews. I have realized that it wouldn't really work because the side panel would not be able to go on then. The thumbscrews are also too small for the rivet holes. New holes could always be drilled though.

Maybe I could use socket type screws where thumbscrews can't go? But that still isn't tool less. And I want my 300 to be 100% tool less including removing the top, side ,bottom panels and the bays etc.

So, I would greatly appreciate posting any ideas you may have. Remember, No idea is stupid.

Thanks!

·
Mr.4way SLI
5,525 Posts
You could use self taping screws but dont go to tight.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ktmrida4life View Post
Thats a toughie.. you could use small wingnuts (or just nuts) and bolts?
i agree with him even if you use wingnuts on the inside but still easy to access it still would be tooless but other then that its is a tough on i wanna see how this turns out

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
If I remember correctly the 300 has some rivets that get covered up by other pieces of the case when fully assembled so you would have some problems putting it back together if you use anything thicker than the rivets.

• Rep+
Reactions: Core300

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by lithgroth007 View Post
If I remember correctly the 300 has some rivets that get covered up by other pieces of the case when fully assembled so you would have some problems putting it back together if you use anything thicker than the rivets.
I'll look at my case now. Some of it is unriveted already...
Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I think that wingnut idea might work, but you'd have to find really tiny bolts and wingnuts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lithgroth007
View Post

Would this be an issue if the wingnut was placed opposite the covered-up side? 100% tool-less is a tricky project but could be kinda cool if successful

1 - 8 of 8 Posts