Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Tetrapyloctomist
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'd like to 'hide' my two controllers inside the chassis, since i) they're only set once per build, after which they might as well not exist, ii) i cannot count the number of times i've accidentally kicked the lower part of a chassis. Or hit it hard while vacuuming come to think of it :)
Now because i just had to be demanding on top of being weird, i want some form of base..bay.. upon which i can mount them; the bay itself to be properly screwed on the interior of the chassis. Think as less 'ghetto' as possible.

Not surprisingly, i could not find any being sold; i mean why would they. So what i've thought of this far (read: in the last day) is:

1) I have some extra 5.25 short-adjustable device mounts, as seen here:
http://www.caselabs-store.com/flex-bay-5-25-device-mount-short-adjustable/
So i could employ my impeccable design skills (lol), make some crude design on paper that resembles (with a lot of imagination) a base upon which they can be screwed on and take it to a CnC dude to have it made for me. And then paint it.

2) Buy the cheapest case on the market that sports a double 5.25 bay (remember, it's two controllers), drill the rivets out, drill the bay itself out; sand it, sort it, maybe re-paint it, use it as is and never mind the extra device mounts listed above.

You all have any other ideas or suggestions even, by all means share?
And thanks for reading as always.

·
Overclocker
11,634 Posts
What are you even trying to do? Put 2x5.25" controllers inside a case so that they are not externally visible? Just move the 2x5.25" bay more inward and leave the stock hole covers of the bays in place. Sort of recess the bay inside, or just mount the controllers in the bay more rearward, most bays allow that or it's a matter of drilling 4 holes into the bay... done.

Otherwise, toss them in, close the case, live happily ever after.

·
Tetrapyloctomist
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
live happily ever after.
Where's the fun in that? Strive now, strive always. Improve and embelish.

Now as to the former, can't be done; the latter is always a choice, but if not already evident.. if i was the kind of person that could "toss something somewhere" and call it a day, i wouldn't be asking for this, now would i :)
And thanks for replying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts