Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tentatively plan on building a new computer come April after my tax refund comes in if it's the same as last year, I've made a little bit more but am within in the same tax bracket so hopefully I get more back in taxes (crosses fingers). I'm going to show you what i plan on building and would also like some suggestions if you have any, half of this is speculation because of unreleased prices of IB and their respective boards.

Mobo: Z77 CFX/SLI capable mid to high end board
Processor: 3570k or 3770k, depending on benchmarks
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 1866 8 or 16gb
GPU: 7970, possibly two depending on how much I get back. Or Kepler if they are released by then which I doubt
PSU: Corsair 850w Silver cert. possibly modular
Cooling: Prebuilt water cooling of some kind H100 possibly
Case: I've really been trying to find one I was considering the 650D
SSD: Force GT 120

My budget is going to run from anywhere between 1600$ on up to possibly 2300$. Throw me some case suggestions it would help immensely and any other input you have. +rep where deserved.

·
@knightsbr1dge
1,568 Posts
You can get a 240 rad in a 650D so the 650D would be a good case to go with
thumb.gif

I have Coolermaster Storm Trooper that can hold a 240 as well (bay mounted or in the floor) so that could be worth checking out;
http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/landing/trooper/home.php

Swap out the H100 for a Rasa watercooling kit and you should be set for a while
thumb.gif

• Rep+
Reactions: NateST

·
Registered
660 Posts
Those are really good choiches and i get your vote on the 650D case as well.I have the H100 on test right now and it seems to be ok so far.By ok i mean this is my first closed loop water system that i had and have no other ones to compare it with.If you do get the H100 i will tell you that the stock fans that they give you can get pretty loud at full speed and they only give you two of them.So if you want a more quieter system you probably have to buy four new fans which will give you a push-pull configuration.

·
@knightsbr1dge
1,568 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts