Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,190 Posts
I suggest waiting for windows phone 7 series. current windows 6.5 suck and it's not possible to upgrade to 7. so figure.

I don't know why you want a windows mobile os anyway. If its about Exchange or push mail integration then there are many solid phones that support that such as Nokia E72, BlackBerry Curve or even Palm Pre

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
The Touch Pro 2. WinMo 6.5 is alot better than 6.1. Once XDA gets a WP7 rom, most WinMo users will be able to flash their phones to it. Also you can try out Android for some dual boot action on your Windows Phone.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gbrilliantq View Post
The Touch Pro 2. WinMo 6.5 is alot better than 6.1. Once XDA gets a WP7 rom, most WinMo users will be able to flash their phones to it. Also you can try out Android for some dual boot action on your Windows Phone.
I get the feeling that WP7 rom isn't going to work that well. Microsoft is claiming that WP7 requires special hardware. I'm sure there will be many wp7 like roms though.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i want a WM phone because both my boss and a coworker are using WM and we may have our software ported to WM. plus i will be using it to VNC into servers while on job sites.

i will be using it for GPS when needed, internet to look for updated drivers when needed, and email and texting.

and it is being offered to me now so i dont want to wait for WM7.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by endo
View Post

well i want a WM phone because both my boss and a coworker are using WM and we may have our software ported to WM. plus i will be using it to VNC into servers while on job sites.

i will be using it for GPS when needed, internet to look for updated drivers when needed, and email and texting.

and it is being offered to me now so i dont want to wait for WM7.

You don't really have much to lose then. Grab the touch pro 2 and enjoy. FOr your needs it sounds like WM out competes Android.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyHeaven
View Post

You don't really have much to lose then. Grab the touch pro 2 and enjoy. FOr your needs it sounds like WM out competes Android.

sounds good. my boss has been trying to talk me into the samsung intrepid but i need screen real estate too. and the tiny key board is to small for prolonged use.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts