Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is the situation. My Radiator with the fans on push touch my motherboards heatsink. If corsair had made case just about 5MM taller there would be 0 issue, but no...they cant make a product that fits their own freaking product. So this is how it is:

I've been thinking about going to artisans or asking someone on OCN to make a custom lid that'll fit the 240MM Radiator at the proper elevation but due to rep - Its time to get down and dirty with self modding and this is were you guys come in because I have no idea how to handle WC and case mods.

This is the problem that needs fixing.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Why not mount the fans on top (outside) of case? Im assuming your using h100 or h100i, if u have custom loop you could just mount rad on top. Or you could notch out enough room to slide corsair radiator through and mount it outside. Thats what i'd do
biggrin.gif

EDIT: What cooler/rad are you using? H110?

EDIT: Pic to show where to notch out

Either that or somehow raise the mesh up with some spacers..................
wink.gif

·
Banned
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripsaw View Post

Why not mount the fans on top (outside) of case? Im assuming your using h100 or h100i, if u have custom loop you could just mount rad on top. Or you could notch out enough room to slide corsair radiator through and mount it outside. Thats what i'd do
biggrin.gif
I was thinking about that but I realized the screws on the top are same as bottom.... so the fans wouldnt be secure I tried to cut a hole in the back, Its pretty dumb when all they had todo was put WC tube holes on the top wire for radiators like in their slighty higher models but...agh nothing wanted to cut it.

Im using the H100i indeed, I needed something quick and easy because of no airflow within the case and decided this would be most painless route with their warranty.

I Had the second idea! I present my four year old grade paint rendition of my master plan pre- "*** its not working (cutting issues)".

·
Registered
928 Posts
Metal (tin) snips, my friend
biggrin.gif
You're going to have to notch it out, because you can't disconnect hoses from h100i. . Cut little triangles out with some tin snips. Like this

Snips :

Red -Left Cut, Yellow -Straight Cut, Green -Right Cut. I'd use the straight cut ones and notch out a bunch of triangles till its the shape you want.

·
Banned
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripsaw View Post

Metal (tin) snips, my friend
biggrin.gif
You're going to have to notch it out, because you can't disconnect hoses from h100i. . Cut little triangles out with some tin snips. Like this

Snips :

Red -Left Cut, Yellow -Straight Cut, Green -Right Cut. I'd use the straight cut ones and notch out a bunch of triangles till its the shape you want.
Ahhh, I tried it with a generic wire cutter. I'll run down to lowes and grab those and I think a new dremel kit too. But I reversed the mounting for now to have pull on top so the fan screws are holding the rad onto the top...and its actually getting 5~7C Lower temps on P95, though I bet I could get better with cutting it out putting rad on top then installing a push/pull instead of just push. (I might be reversing this)

Maybe I should Just get fan shrouds and leave it as-is.

·
⤷ αC
11,278 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.