Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Old Timer
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cooperate edition of Windows XP that I got legitimately, however, its key does not pass Windows Genuine Advantage (don’t ask me why). I have used the Java hack to get my updates, but when I tried to install IE7 Beta, it wouldn’t let me. Does anyone know of any way to get around this? I have it working on my laptop, but I want to get it on my desktop as well.

Admins, if you feel this thread is encouraging piracy, then delete it, but I swear that I did not steal this copy of Windows. I got it when I was working for an organization that had a license to use it.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I know it works for Windows Update... Get the Genuine Advantage plugin then use Manage Plugins in IE to disable it.

·
Premium Member
10,417 Posts
Just wait until it's official to get it...I've seen it and all it really is is a amped up version of the server03 IE...which equals hard to access the internet sites you'd like (so -called security features)...but you can access Microsoft's webpage with not a problem...it even blocks Google until you tell it let it pass...ohhh and Firefox...and it wasn't my firewall either

·
Old Timer
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by PROBN4LYFE

Just wait until it's official to get it...I've seen it and all it really is is a amped up version of the server03 IE...which equals hard to access the internet sites you'd like (so -called security features)...but you can access Microsoft's webpage with not a problem...it even blocks Google until you tell it let it pass...ohhh and Firefox...and it wasn't my firewall either

Even when its official I am sure it will still be blocked by Windows Genuine Disadvantage. Is there any "hack" to get around that?

·
Old Timer
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by tweako_420

Do you have sp2?
Have you updated recently?

Yes and yes.

·
Administrator
64,325 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoaDMTGguy

Even when its official I am sure it will still be blocked by Windows Genuine Disadvantage. Is there any "hack" to get around that?

When you in IE go to ''Tools'' and then go to ''Manage add-ons'' Then in the window that pops up go to the little tab at the bottom and select '' add-ons that have been used in internet explore'' then look for an activex control called '' Windows genuin advantage'' or something similar then click on it then at the bottom of the window select disable and apply and your done.

·
Old Timer
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701

When you in IE go to ''Tools'' and then go to ''Manage add-ons'' Then in the window that pops up go to the little tab at the bottom and select '' add-ons that have been used in internet explore'' then look for an activex control called '' Windows genuin advantage'' or something similar then click on it then at the bottom of the window select disable and apply and your done.

That lets the updates in, but it still wont let IE7 install. It seems that IE7 has a WGA check built in to the installer.

·
Administrator
64,325 Posts
Quote:

That lets the updates in, but it still wont let IE7 install. It seems that IE7 has a WGA check built in to the installer.

Sorry yes i misunderstood..Well as seeing as i know my fair share on XP no it cant be hacked you have to have a valid liscense that has also not expired.

·
Old Timer
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701

Sorry yes i misunderstood..Well as seeing as i know my fair share on XP no it cant be hacked you have to have a valid liscense that has also not expired.

Darn. Oh well, I have x64 sitting on my desk, so I guess I will slap that on here when I have some free time. Thanks anyway, and rep for the info about turning off WGA. Now I dont have to do that dam java hack every time I want to update.

·
Administrator
64,325 Posts
Quote:

Darn. Oh well, I have x64 sitting on my desk, so I guess I will slap that on here when I have some free time. Thanks anyway, and rep for the info about turning off WGA. Now I dont have to do that dam java hack every time I want to update.

Yeah lol that java hack is abit long winded, so once you get rid of the Activex your sorted.. So all is good oh and another hint dont worry about not installing IE7 because i am willing to bet someone will get the program and hack it to remove the Validation code in it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts