Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you probably remember my last tech station attempt. That one had some issues and I'm sure sam will let you all know what happened with it when he can.

BUT, I've already mocked up v2 and this time it will be all acrylic. If all goes well, Syrillian will be building it for me. I just wanted to post the design to get some feedback and any things that pop out as issues to the more experiences modders.

Here is the general idea in sketchup:

Colors are not set but I am leaning towards these, solid black acrylic and blue MB tray.

Here are some renders (Kerkythea) of what I think, at this stage, it could turn out like:

And toying with carbon fiber MB tray:

So let me know what feedback you guys have. I'm even more excited for this version than I was for the last one and if you talked to me about the last one, well, you know I'm stoked.

·
Filthy Casual
8,653 Posts
Looks pretty sweet to me. I think the black outer shell with the yellow or orange shelf would look pretty slick, but that's just me. I'm one of the few who likes DFI's color schemes, lol.

• Rep+
Reactions: IEATFISH

·
Premium Member
14,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by pow3rtr1p View Post
Looks pretty sweet to me. I think the black outer shell with the yellow or orange shelf would look pretty slick, but that's just me. I'm one of the few who likes DFI's color schemes, lol.
Here are some quick renders of orange and yellow (I love this i7
). I like the color. Not sure how it will go with hardware but thanks for the suggestion!

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
Love it.

Like seriously love it.

If Syrillian's building it, you can guarantee that it's going to be all kinds of epic...

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
That black and red/orange render looks super sexy. Maybe go with a dark kind of red with the black and I'd try and get Syrillian to make me one too!

·
Premium Member
19,923 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by IEATFISH View Post
Here are some quick renders of orange and yellow (I love this i7
). I like the color. Not sure how it will go with hardware but thanks for the suggestion!

Hi.

Oooohhhh....! That 2nd one is superschmexah!

I look forward to starting this project in the next couple of months.

This has been awhile in the negotiation stage as I have a full-schedule ahead of me and it seems that there is never enough time to do all the things that I want and all the things others request... a regrettable but (reluctantly) acceptable fact of life.

Once Summer is here I will have more daylight to work with.

Fish ~ For your perusing pleasure, I shop at TAP Plastics (locally). You can view what plastics are available at your leisure and let me know what you may be interested in.

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
What does that backflap do? From what I see it doesn't serve any real purpose since the bay hardware would be facing forward.

·
Premium Member
7,017 Posts

I've been wanting to get a test bench the last few days. So I just went ahead and bought a motherboard tray. The cheap way. lol

I love the smoked acrylic one.

·
Premium Member
14,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the compliments!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruckol1
View Post

Could you implement/blend in colors that easy?

The MB tray would just be a different type of acrylic. I was already planning on 1/4" for the majority and 3/8" for the MB tray so I'd just need to get a different color.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dar_T
View Post

What does that backflap do? From what I see it doesn't serve any real purpose since the bay hardware would be facing forward.

The rear flap lets me get to all the cables for the drives. With the hardware in there, I'd have no way of getting my hand back there. The flap will give access to those and any spare cables I hide back there.

·
Premium Member
9,500 Posts
design looks great
the Kerk renders are epic (makes me want to learn sketchup - again)
sorry the other project stopped, although I dont know what happened.
good luck on the project guys.

if you need any steel/welded elements, gimmee a holla

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looks great fishy! I'm so glad that you put the green in just for me. You know how I like my green color scheme!

·
Premium Member
19,923 Posts
A notation on the rear-access flap.

Fish, you may want to integrate a collapsible support (something like This, but smaller), or place the hinges at the bottom so that the rear-access will remain open without requiring a hand or ghetto-prop.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
don't forget rubber, etc. on drive trays and stuff for vibration. I would go with black smoked and red mobo tray. Thats acrylic, I would use aluminum, would be a home made lian-li lol

1 - 20 of 123 Posts