Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Best Buy

Votes: 3 12.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I want to buy a new monitor, but I don't trust UPS/FedEx/DHL to deliever it safely, so I want to buy in a store. Between these 3 stores which would you chose? Frys, Microcenter, or Best Buy (I know it sucks, just want to hear everyones opinion).

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Best Buy. Buy on-line, then P/U in Store.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I don't know much about Frys. Best Buy is so much overpriced except for some rare deals so your choice should be MicroCenter. In fact, I saw a lot of great deals from MicroCenter but for pick-up only so your miles may vary. You should go to your local store frequently to check for great deals since they doesn't update their products on website so often.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Anything you buy in a store was shipped and has just as good of a chance as being damaged as buying online then having it delivered to your house.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tohdman
View Post

Anything you buy in a store was shipped and has just as good of a chance as being damaged as buying online then having it delivered to your house.

Yeah, but you can exchange in a store vs. spending money to ship it out for rma

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Honestly the boxes that monitors come in have alot of padding in them, it would take a huge drop for anything to happen too it, or a puncture of some sort. I wouldn't worry about it if it was me (I bought mine from newegg), but to each their own.

·
Premium Member
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, thanks guys. I was able to get a great deal on a 1080p 23.6in ASUS HDMI for $150 after mail in rebate and instant savings (its normally $220) from zipzoomfly. I just decided to go for it. I have never had anything bad happen to any of my products that i buy online so why start worrying now?

·
Premium Member
14,339 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by muels7
View Post

Yeah, thanks guys. I was able to get a great deal on a 1080p 23.6in ASUS HDMI for $150 after mail in rebate and instant savings (its normally $220) from zipzoomfly. I just decided to go for it. I have never had anything bad happen to any of my products that i buy online so why start worrying now?

Yeah, it isn't to big of a deal. I bought an open box monitor a while back and it got damaged by UPS. Something ripped through the front of the box through the foam and even through the last thin foam sheet over the actually screen. Luckily, somewhere between the last protective layer and the face of the screen the object stopped. Monitor works perfect.

The only reason I would buy a monitor from a store nearby would be to exchange or return it if I wasn't sure it was what I wanted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts