Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
here you are here you will have to set up an rma with them http://support.amd.com/us/warranty/P...yServices.aspx

be prepared to lie at your nose you used there stock heat sync you only ran it on stock etc. just read your warranty because everyone on here has properly broke at least 90% of there terms lol.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had the chip maybe 3 months... I want to cause I just cant seem to get it past 3.6 stable... When everywhere I look people are getting 3.6ghz with stock (or close to) volts etc etc, where as Im well into the 1.4's when I do... Something must be up.

So do they do tests etc etc? Or just take your word for it? Plus it still works so will they just say no?

And if I got it from a computer shop? Do I return to them or do the thing on the websites above?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stilldawn
View Post

Had the chip maybe 3 months... I want to cause I just cant seem to get it past 3.6 stable... When everywhere I look people are getting 3.6ghz with stock (or close to) volts etc etc, where as Im well into the 1.4's when I do... Something must be up.

So do they do tests etc etc? Or just take your word for it? Plus it still works so will they just say no?

And if I got it from a computer shop? Do I return to them or do the thing on the websites above?

Wait what.. you are going to RMA it because you cant overclock it like others?

BTW, not everyone can get 3.6GHz stable on stock voltages.. can you get 3.6GHz stable at all?

·
Premium Member
3,864 Posts
Quote:

View Post

firstly, you can not rma a chip because it doesn't overclock to what you want. The chip is designed to run @ 3.2Ghz with its vid. Secondly, they (AMD) aren't idiots, they wont just take your word for it, they will check the chip out first, test it out. And im guessing your local computer shop doesn't warranty the cpu, unless you paid for them to. To save yourself from wasting time, just keep the chip man, only rma if the chip is dead, or not running at its stock speed stable.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Why don't you ask for help overclocking the cpu/mobo. If 3.6ghz is the limit then you would be a very sad person to RMA it for not overclocking as high as you want it. If you do I hope you get a CPU that won't overclock past 3.4 ghz.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You may as well sell your cpu on ebay and buy a new one. Won't lose much money or time doing that. Soon as you get payment for your cpu, buy a new one and ship the old one.

·
Premium Member
6,373 Posts
Quote:

View Post

lol they'll send you that same chip right back bud. They will only accept RMA's if the chip doesn't function well at stock voltage and stock speeds.

·
Premium Member
9,806 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Your RMA WILL be denied. Guaranteed. And then you'll be out shipping charges for sending there AND back.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lol I know this sounds stupid... but Ive tried a million different things, I can get 3.6ghz stable if the volts are in the 1.4's but never been able to get 3.7 or 3.8 stable no matter what I try... I really new to this, but everywhere I look people seem to just up the multi and it works... I move the multi on mine from 16 to 16.5 and its not stable even with such a small increase..

Whats the max cpu volts this can take?

I was just wondering cause I read around and see heaps of people "just rma" stuff cause they didnt like it.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stilldawn View Post
Lol I know this sounds stupid... but Ive tried a million different things, I can get 3.6ghz stable if the volts are in the 1.4's but never been able to get 3.7 or 3.8 stable no matter what I try... I really new to this, but everywhere I look people seem to just up the multi and it works... I move the multi on mine from 16 to 16.5 and its not stable even with such a small increase..

I was just wondering cause I read around and see heaps of people "just rma" stuff cause they didnt like it.
3.6GHz @ 1.4## voltage is fine..
Since you new, have a look in this thread on other peoples clocks/voltages etc..

You can up the voltage to about 1.55v max on air cooling, but you need to watch your temps - do not go over 62c

If you RMA it and they do actually send you a new one, you may get the same 'problem'

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stilldawn View Post

It may be something else causing the instability. It may be your ram or the ram settings. Have you posted for help with your OC?

·
Premium Member
4,181 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OredhotchilipeppersO View Post
[]This is the important stuff that you NEED to know if you're going to RMA.[/url]
^^rickroll link. Reported....enjoy your ban.

·
Premium Member
4,181 Posts
Back on topic, there is no reason to RMA. I am running 3.6 stable with a 2400mhz FSB which will run as fast or faster than a 3.9 with a 2000 fsb. Your chip is fine, if you try to rma, it will be rejected.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
they do run tests to see if the chip is defective; i had a 920 for less than 2 months that dies on me, and took me a day to test, as it's not hard to test a dead chip
then someone called me and told me a new one was on the way
whole process, with their labeled fedex shipping included, took about 8business days

1 - 20 of 48 Posts