Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there such a thing as an RTS with no resource gathering or structure building or micro management (thus, only the actual fighting part), a pause feature where you can view the whole battlefield, and huge armies that clash into each other? If so, what is it?

I've been going around trying a bunch of RTS's, but the only ones I liked were Civ 4 and Empire at War... the others are too much hassle and too fast paced for my RTS-noob mind

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Well, Steam came out with an RTS similar to what you're talking about. Darwinia is like an inner computer world network RTS where you're like the good programs and you destroy the viruses. In the demo there's no building structures, or gathering resources or antying....might wanna consider checking that out.

http://darwinia.co.uk/

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really? I was sure RTW was a normal RTS with large scale battles. Does it have a pause feature?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Ah yes, how could I forget the RTS game of the year 2004. And yes, I do believe it has a pause feature, and lemme tell you, the "clashing of armies" aspect of it is sooooooo cool!!!!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I think you'll love it. It has everything you described. Bear in mind one thing, the full game is much better than the demo. In fact, it would've won game of the year, but it was the year of HL2, lol. But it did get second.

I was NEVER an RTS fan cause I hate the collecting, micro managing, etc. But this game has the great battles, and conquering countries and growing is freaking fun. So addicting. I spent many of my first semester hours playing this game.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chosen
No one has mentioned starcraft!?!!!!
Well no since its 8 years old and has micromanagement and resource gathering....something Pooky specifically said he didn't want.

Awesome game at the time tho.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts