Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much do you think i'd get? It's the old OLD ps2. The one that came out at orginal launch.

·
PC Evangelist
47,388 Posts
No idea but old XBOX goes for like 20-30$ tops if not less.

·
god loves ugly
4,244 Posts
You'll probably get less than half of what you'd expect. Gamestop and such stores rip you off, hard. It's not worth trading an perfectly capable system in for credit that will cover ~50% of the cost of a game.

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
You have a launch PS2 that still works and you're thinking of giving it to some gamestop clerk that hasn't a clue?

dude, keep that thing.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Axxess+ View Post
Don't do this, goddamn. The PS2 still kicks ass, and I still play from time to time.
Selling an awesome console for a 5 hour game... Wow.
Well obviously im not planning on playing single player the entire time =\\. The game is about the multiplayer experience. Is there any other place that i can get decent cash for a trade in?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by consume View Post
Well obviously im not planning on playing single player the entire time =\\. The game is about the multiplayer experience. Is there any other place that i can get decent cash for a trade in?
Still sounds like a decision you'll regret. At least, it's a decision I wouldn't make.

Why don't you just save up for a bit longer? Why does the PS2 NEED to go?

Rake some leaves, shovel some driveways. It shouldn't take more than a day or two to make as much money as you would have gotten from selling the PS2.

Maybe see if your parents or a neighbor will give you an advance or something - you agree to shovel their driveway 4 times and they'll pay you 20 bucks now, 20 bucks later or something.

I just love PS2

Not worth selling it if you're only gonna get 10 bucks.

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
IF you absolutely must sell it, do so on eBay. A near-pristine launch PS2 that still works flawlessly, with all accessories and a few games, will fetch 50-100 bucks easily. Maybe more if you can whip the idiots into a bidding frenzy.

Edit: And don't buy MW2 with it. Not worth the money. I've played it, it's meh.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
MW2 is alright for the xbox360 but terrible for the pc in my opinion. Don't get it and defiantly don't trade your ps2 for it! Hang on to that sucker.

·
Let's go Sharks!
565 Posts
Don't trade your PS2..its the best console ever. Your PSP? that can go, but not the ps2.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts