Votes: 1 33.3%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Computer hardware Gas Machine Electronic device Display device

Computer Personal computer Computer hardware Audio equipment Technology

It counts as a case mod because I had to remove the front dust filter.

Should I steal 2 fans off my old aio so I at least have 3 pushing + 2 pulling? Can’t just swap these 3 to the front because they wouldn’t sit flush to the radiator and I’m sure it would trash cooling capabilities.

·
Iconoclast
32,792 Posts
Fans fine, other than that middle one being so close to the front panel, but I initially assumed you were talking about using a single cable for the GPU...which will work, but generally isn't wise for a 3070 Ti class part.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fans fine, other than that middle one being so close to the front panel, but I initially assumed you were talking about using a single cable for the GPU...which will work, but generally isn't wise for a 3070 Ti class part.
Hadn’t given that much thought and genuinely appreciate the heads up. This thing is a solid 2 tiers higher than my gpus of prior generations and I need to remember this isn’t an RX 570 lol.

I need to reroute that cable anyway so I’ll double up when doing so

·
Bowser Has Ryzen!!
4,824 Posts
What would be the problem? I stuffed a RTX 3080 FTW into my Meshify C with a Noctua NH-D15 chroma black a couple years ago. I quickly realized unless I wanted to leave the side panel off I needed to get a "roomier" case. Temps would sore. But nothing crazy crazy. Got the Meshify 2 and went 360 AIO for CPU and all has ben good. Actually now have a 3080 with 240 AIO as well.

It looks fine man.
Computer Personal computer Purple Computer cooling CPU

Purple Automotive lighting Entertainment Violet Magenta

VS

Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive design Vehicle door
Gadget Wood Gas Audio equipment Electronic device

• Rep+
Reactions: MIXEDGREENS

·
Official Luddite of OCN
6,159 Posts
I pulled off a FX-9590 and oc'ed 290X in a midtower with less cooling so you you'll be fine assuming ambient temps aren't outrageous and you don't plan to oc much.

·
H₂O Aficionado
5,450 Posts
I had to dremel the drive bay of my Corsair C70 case to fit a 360mm rad. The case has support officially for 240mm rads only up top or 2 x 140mm fans due to drive bay.

So like 20% of the remaining airflow maybe escaped from positive pressure. Single rad for CPU + GPU. 300w+ combined load. Typical load in CAD was probably much lower. Never ran into issues either. So no, you're solution isn't stupid. It's opportunistic.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Electrical wiring Auto part Machine

·
Registered
940 Posts
You guys need to think out of the box, no pun intended, and pay more atention to airflow and posible configs.
The meshify C and 220t are some of the smallest decent mid towers there are (without reinventing the wheel). You dont need a 60L case to put a high end GPU........ actually something like a meshify C it's actually better, because it's more efficient.
220t to be honest, while decent, is not great. There's like 20-30 close competitors better than the 220t.
Meshify C on the other hand, can be as good as airflow gets, and you can definitely ram a 3090ti in it and compete with a fractal torrent compact in the noise normalised performance department.

If you wanna run 600w of hardware in a 40L atx case, you need this:
Perforated bottom.
perforated power supply shroud.
seal top of the case
fit 2x140+120 or 3x140 in front (without official mounting ofc)
remove drive cage and mount 1x140+ or 2x120 in the bottom (run it at lower RPM than the rest)
remove rear fan
remove all pcie covers
remove front filter (have fans configured with starting temperature........... much better anti-dust solution)
dont run middle fan at very fast RPM.
tuck all cabling behind right side panel and not under the PSU shroud..........

Do that in a meshify C, and you will, at very least, shave 10ºC+ (the higher power consumption the GPU is, the bigger difference you get)............. from GPU temps, and 5ºC+ from CPU temps.

That being said, AIOs are a no, no, for these types of configs, especially in front...

Or you can run a 55-60 litter case. It will never be as efficient as the small one, but it will never have temp problems either.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You guys need to think out of the box, no pun intended, and pay more atention to airflow and posible configs.
The meshify C and 220t are some of the smallest decent mid towers there are (without reinventing the wheel). You dont need a 60L case to put a high end GPU........ actually something like a meshify C it's actually better, because it's more efficient.
220t to be honest, while decent, is not great. There's like 20-30 close competitors better than the 220t.
Meshify C on the other hand, can be as good as airflow gets, and you can definitely ram a 3090ti in it and compete with a fractal torrent compact in the noise normalised performance department.

If you wanna run 600w of hardware in a 40L atx case, you need this:
Perforated bottom.
perforated power supply shroud.
seal top of the case
fit 2x140+120 or 3x140 in front (without official mounting ofc)
remove drive cage and mount 1x140+ or 2x120 in the bottom (run it at lower RPM than the rest)
remove rear fan
remove all pcie covers
remove front filter (have fans configured with starting temperature........... much better anti-dust solution)
dont run middle fan at very fast RPM.
tuck all cabling behind right side panel and not under the PSU shroud..........

Do that in a meshify C, and you will, at very least, shave 10ºC+ (the higher power consumption the GPU is, the bigger difference you get)............. from GPU temps, and 5ºC+ from CPU temps.

That being said, AIOs are a no, no, for these types of configs, especially in front...

Or you can run a 55-60 litter case. It will never be as efficient as the small one, but it will never have temp problems either.
OK you've inspired me to gut my old Haswell rig and reclaim my old FD define case.

**** all this RGB **** anyways lol

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I'm a little more concerned about the single PCIe power line Y'ed across the two inputs, but I'm probably being unnecessarily OCD. I cut the pigtails off of mine and am running three separate from the PSU (I have a FTW3 3080Ti).

I've got a somewhat similar fan setup for my CPU radiator; I had to front mount it because I converted the GPU to hybrid and that rad took the top spot. I have the fans outside, drawing air in from the front, but that left the front of my case poorly illuminated (definitely being unnecessarily OCD here), so I added two more fans inside for 2/3 push-pull. I couldn't fit the 3rd fan at the bottom because there is already an 80mm Pure Wings fan there, directed under the PSU shroud to keep the hard drives cool. The two extra fans for the CPU actually helped a little.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts