Votes: 59 48.4%
  • HD5870

Votes: 27 22.1%
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you get, and why? I would get the 5870, just because I have a crossfire motherboard. But if I didn't, I would probably go green

I personally am not a fan boy, I just go with the best bang for the bucks. And from what I've read, the 4xx are a little bit better than the 58xx. Hopefully the drivers wont be as bad as the early 58xx drivers.

·
Pew Pew
1,102 Posts
If the price is right I will get a 470.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Another 5850 to xfire because they scale so well. Plus, you can overclock the nuts off them.

·
Banned
1,417 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sexybastard View Post
5870 because nvidia pissed me off with the all rebranding BS.
The 480 and 470 aren't rebranded.

Wonder how much the EVGA 480 is going to run. I have a feeling this is going to hurt my wallet

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I would get a GTX 470. The 5850's were really tempting me, but I just bought a gtx 275 last week, because I was worried about driver issues with ati. Not everyone, but a bunch of people complained of gray screens, and strange issues while playing certain games. Also, I am not planning on upgrading to Windows 7 anytime soon, so a DX11 card would be a waste for me! Therefore, if I didn't just buy a gtx 275, I would get a gtx 470!

But I don't have anything against ati, there new cards are very nice!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by kurosu View Post
I would get a GTX 470. The 5850's were really tempting me, but I just bought a gtx 275 last week, because I was worried about driver issues with ati. Not everyone, but a bunch of people complained of gray screens, and strange issues while playing certain games. Also, I am not planning on upgrading to Windows 7 anytime soon, so a DX11 card would be a waste for me! Therefore, if I didn't just buy a gtx 275, I would get a gtx 470!

But I don't have anything against ati, there new cards are very nice!
Why not go 7? you will like it

·
Banned
1,417 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sexybastard View Post
nah im referring to the g92

8800gt - 9800gt - 9800gtx - gts 250
Ohh i know bro. You can add in GTS 350 now

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Open1Your1Eyes0 View Post
Why does that matter in choosing GTX400 series or HD5800 series?
lol I was about to say the same thing.

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sexybastard
View Post

because AMD has been putting out higher quality parts recently and because of that they deserve my business.

So if Nvidia puts out a higher quality part, then you'd pick it up because they deserve your business. So if the GTX 480>5870, then they would put out a higher quality part and you would buy it....Logical Error in that...

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickenInferno
View Post

So if Nvidia puts out a higher quality part, then you'd pick it up because they deserve your business. So if the GTX 480>5870, then they would put out a higher quality part and you would buy it....Logical Error in that...

you're misunderstanding me.

I think that nvidia's recent rebranding scheme was pretty disingenuous. GTS250 was basically an overclocked 9800GT... they sound nothing like and its a shady practice. I don't want to support a company that does that.

ATI on the hand with the 4800 series offered so much better bang for the buck that you had to appreciate them. They didn't pull any gimmicks to sell their products... just offered solid products at great prices.

So thats why I would choose ATI this round.

But that's not to say if I got an amazing deal on a gtx480 I wouldn't jump on it.

and I am not a fanboy by means means... before the 4800 series I was green (8800GT and before that 7900GS).

1 - 20 of 95 Posts