Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm building a little PIII system for my gf's parents, and I wanted to get some opinions/experiences between these two crappy psu's. I have to pick one to go into this system.

Please no suggestions of a new psu, I'm not going to buy anything for this build, if their psu ever goes bad I'll replace it.

I have two psu's which I know are both on the crappy list, both of which came with cases I've bought but I never used them, replaced with a better one. One is a Turbolink 350W, and the other a L&C 350W. Now if you had to choose between these two, which one would you put in, and why? Both have 12A on the 12V rail, and pretty much same specs, but this computer won't need a ton of juice anyway. So which of these is the lesser of two evils?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx Zardokk, I'm actually the other way around, I've heard of Turbolink but had never heard of L&C until recently lol. Both of them are on the crap list for PSU's though, so I was just hoping to get someones idea about which was worse.

I answered my own question though on which one to use. I took a look inside the L&C, and there's a few caps starting to leak and bulge on the tops. So I guess the trash for that one, it still works but I couldn't trust it, could die any time. So the Turbolink it is then

1 - 4 of 4 Posts