Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Lol...:d I'll try to find beep codes for you..

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Have you tried clearing the CMOS? Do that by removing the little battery located on your motherboard and disconnecting the power. Wait about 15 seconds then put the battery back in and try powering it up. Also try removing all of your ram and putting sticks back in one at a time and seeing if it will start with the one stick in.

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
I know it sounds stupid but - Post exactly what lil annoying beeps are playing - As these are error codes for the mobo and these can usually be a vital clue in the trouble with the build

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Hey, I went to try and find my list of beep codes and couldn't find them..But here is a link that might help you...Computer Post / Beep codes

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Syrillian

Okay sorry guys....

I should niot have been so coy. It was a psuedo-joke. If you look at the table you will see my RAM sitting on the mouse pad

LYAOAM

·
Premium Member
19,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by cokker

The Rams on the side did you put it in before booting it or did you just take it out?

You got it Dood
. What an arse I am sometimes. Yeah, I need to remove the RAM when I switch PSU's, which was what I was doing. I hooked up the new PSU and then turned it on.... and the RAM laughed at me.

·
Premium Member
5,573 Posts
I can't laugh...if there is a way to screw up a build, I've done it. My personal favorite is dropping a screw onto a live motherboard and blowing it up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts