Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 956 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:

In an interview filmed prior to Microsoft's E3 2013 press briefing and published on GameTrailers, Microsoft's Don Mattrick has addressed concerns about the compulsory connectivity requirements of Xbox One.

""Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360," said Mattrick.

"If you have zero access to the Internet, that is an offline device."
Source

·
Waiting for 7nm EUV
11,527 Posts
Lol, the arrogance these guys have, to think consumers will stick with them instead of moving on to a competitor.

·
Banned
12,731 Posts
Well, now taking bets on how long this guy lasts after these comments.

The last Microsoft exec that tweeted "deal with it" didn't last long. This guy is burning up the Video channels, even after Microsoft tried to get ahead of this scandal and requested the videos be taken down.

[Edit]

Well, it looks like the video in the OP's link was already taken off line.

Well, here is a link to where it isn't gone ... yet.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
This is a repost, although i cannot seem to find the original thread :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47 Knucklehead View Post

Well, not taking bets on how long this guy lasts after these comments.

The last Microsoft exec that tweeted "deal with it" didn't last long. This guy is burning up the Video channels, even after Microsoft tried to get ahead of this scandal and requested the videos be taken down.

[Edit]

I hope everyone's making backups and continue to propagate this video...

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
wow, that kinda angers me a bit due to the sheer arrogance.

• Rep+
Reactions: 47 Knucklehead

·
Premium Member
8,233 Posts
Yeah cause people buying these things don't have internet
rolleyes.gif

Getting internet in some fashion isn't hard, Even my old Razr flip phone from back in the mid 2000s could act as a data modem. All you needed was the email/web package for like $5 extra. Gave you 1x speed, but that was phones fault. Did the same thing with my Phone after that, though it had a 3G antenna. While not everyone might not even have that ability, getting this console with no internet would be like getting a game that uses Steam and you don't have internet.

MS is tailoring the One toward people that have a internet connection, if some one doesnt have one then they should look else where.
You don't tell someone with no internet to buy steam games ether......
People with data caps get bombarded by stream's game update policies anyway.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DzillaXx View Post

rolleyes.gif

Getting internet in some fashion isn't hard, Even my old Razr flip phone from back in the mid 2000s could act as a data modem.
Because doing firmware updates/DLC downloads/game patches/general OS navigation on a 2/3G connection is indeed a viable alternative...
It's Not...

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

Getting internet in some fashion isn't hard, Even my old Razr flip phone from back in the mid 2000s could act as a data modem. All you needed was the email/web package for like $5 extra. Gave you 1x speed, but that was phones fault. Did the same thing with my Phone after that, though it had a 3G antenna. While not everyone might not even have that ability, getting this console with no internet would be like getting a game that uses Steam and you don't have internet.

MS is tailoring the One toward people that have a internet connection, if some one doesnt have one then they should look else where.
screw those rural gamers right. Not to mention those rural gamers outside of of the most telecommunications covered places on earth (The US).

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post

Lol, the arrogance these guys have, to think consumers will stick with them instead of moving on to a competitor.
Arrogance is the only word to describe this.

·
waifu for lifu
11,568 Posts
If I were a potential launch date consumer, I honestly don't see anything that would veer me towards the XBox One. Minus a total lobotomy, I see no logical reason to purchase this system. Maybe one 'must have' exclusive, but for me, even the DRM and other restrictions set off those warning signals in my brain saying 'stay the hell away'! These off the cuff statements clearly don't help. One scenario that comes up in my mind is the launch of the Titanic when I see this 'next-gen' console launching.

·
Premium Member
4,403 Posts
A lot of people are gonna buy the xbox anyways, most people havent even heard of these issues and just know its coming out soon and they want it. Its unfortunate that they cant take a turn like Nintendo has in its past and current.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesekiwi View Post

screw those rural gamers right. Not to mention those rural gamers outside of of the most telecommunications covered places on earth (The US).
It's far more than just rural gamers. There's so many other variables that can contribute to internet loss, temporary or not.

I couldn't care if i got disconnected for 2 minutes, as long as it interferes with my ability to access what i paid good money for, they can shove it up their backside.

There's absolutely no need to have an extra hoop to jump through just to play a game. It's ironic a consoles main appeal/strongpoint is accessibility and simplicity, but with a mandatory internet access they just throw that out the window.

This with Windows 8, it's clear Microsoft's losing the plot.

• Rep+
Reactions: Goldor and reqq

·
Premium Member
11,389 Posts
This is like saying you can't access office 365 without the internet. I don't see the point. You're asking how you access an internet-enabled device without the internet? How do you put a comment on OCN without the internet? Smart answer? You GET the internet.

Don't have the internet now? What about 2 years from now? I don't care about "oh but .0111% of my country has broadband." Well....good luck the world doesn't cater to just you.

It's tough love. I wish I could afford Titans in SLI. I can't. But I don't go about bashing them for being so exclusive.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshield View Post

Source
Microsoft just keeps shooting themselves in the head. The next gen battle hasn't even started, and they are already going to lose with the attitude they are presenting now. Very arrogant, very anti-consumer.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrossewacker View Post

Smart answer? You GET the internet.
And you use which smart arsed answer when your net connection goes down for more than a day?
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

I like to bring my console with me when I go on vacation. Looks like I can't do that with the xbone.

·
Waiting for 7nm EUV
11,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47 Knucklehead View Post

Well, now taking bets on how long this guy lasts after these comments.

[Edit]

It's still there. Or they put it back. The full 7:54 of it with all of his words. In the video connection option I chose "Progressive".

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/silmon/xbox-one-e3-2013--the-xbox-one-strategy--stream-

1 - 20 of 956 Posts