Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Graphics Junkie
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To drum up interest for The Division 2's upcoming expansion, Ubisoft has put the core game on sale for just $2.99 in digital form. That applies to all platforms: PS4, Xbox One, and PC. That's a huge price cut from the $59.99 MSRP, and significantly cheaper than AAA games ever tend to go. Additionally, Ubisoft is offering preorder discounts on various bundles that include the upcoming Warlords of New York expansion.
Source: https://www.ign.com/articles/get-the-division-2-for-3-ahead-of-warlords-of-new-york-expansion-ps4-xbox-one-pc

I played the first one, and it was OK, not great.. but I enjoyed it enough to make it to the max level at least, and it's an easy game to play co-op. I had no intention of trying the second game but for $3 I will.

Uplay store link: https://store.ubi.com/us/tom-clancys-the-division-2/5b06a3984e0165fa45ffdcc5.html?lang=en_US

·
Watercooler
3,367 Posts
$15 Australian lol. No thanks.
EDIT: EPIC Games Store has the same deal and charged me the equivalent to Aussie dollar. Good luck

·
High Clocker
3,331 Posts

·
Mining the DB
2,333 Posts
$3.99 CAD
I enjoyed the first and had no reason to get the second, but for $4... hey its a cup of coffee :)

·
Tokyo the defiler
835 Posts
3$? Bought, I guess i'll enjoy this game for less than a mcdonalds happy meal.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Grabbed it a few weeks ago for my wife, it was on sale for 6 bucks on uplay. I tried it and much preferred the new york setting. My buddy and i stopped after hitting level 15.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,299 Posts
That's a great deal. The game is easily worth a $3 purchase, I felt like it was worth the $60 I paid for it. It's fun in co-op and the co-op system is well implemented and very easy to use. There isn't much of a learning curve with the weapons/armor system and you really don't even have to pay attention to it outside of PvP and raids unless you really want to (or want to solo on the highest difficulty).

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
10€

Still not bad. Bought it.

·
Graphics Junkie
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One good thing about this other than the price is maybe Ubisoft is starting to realize that looter shooters sucks. The division 1&2 did ok despite the looter shooter aspects, not because of them.

Sometime soon a patch for Breakpoint is supposed to drop that will add a new game mode that won't be looter shooter themed like the rest of the game is.

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,774 Posts
wait what? you mean people don't want to deal with endless piles of loot in every genre of game?! but but, they should Diablo loot ALL THE THINGS!!!

generic crafting & loot systems in place of genuine content needs to go die. pretty sure Far Cry New Dawn has the least amount of crafting of any far cry title yet :)

·
Graphics Junkie
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wait what? you mean people don't want to deal with endless piles of loot in every genre of game?! but but, they should Diablo loot ALL THE THINGS!!!

generic crafting & loot systems in place of genuine content needs to go die. pretty sure Far Cry New Dawn has the least amount of crafting of any far cry title yet :)
I actually think the way they did it in far cry 3/4 was good. Hunting certain animals to be able to get certain upgrades which felt meaningful, but if I can't go to a certain area of the map because the enemies are too high level over there in a ghost recon game, I'm gonna be mad. Crafting and looting isn't bad when it adds to the game but when it becomes the main objective of the game, the game sucks.

·
I Love this Hobby!
7,790 Posts
I'll catch it for $3 with all DLC/Expansions a few years down the road. Thanks anyway, Ubi.

·
Premium Member
9,986 Posts
I got it but can't even play it. Crashes to desktop :( think CPU not supported. Building new pc so should be able to play when up and running. $3.00 is cheap for a game like this.

·
Bowser Has Ryzen!!
4,705 Posts
Dang, I dont even know anything about the Division one, but for 3 bucks I ll give this one a try.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,299 Posts
I'll catch it for $3 with all DLC/Expansions a few years down the road. Thanks anyway, Ubi.
I don't think the expansions will be worth it, I think it is all just raid missions. There was zero reason to get more than the base game, but who knows, these expansions haven't been released yet so they could be great.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Got my game last night and installed, thanks op. Had the first game but never got around to buying the second till now.

·
4kfan
4,220 Posts
is it worth the 4 bucks? i like the first one for the first two or three weeks.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,299 Posts
I think 2-3 weeks worth of gaming is worth $4. Plenty of $69.99 games that are done that quick.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts