Just got it. Spent 100 Uplay points (I have so many) for extra 20% off too! :D

·
Premium Member
9,986 Posts
Got it going on the new system and I'd say it's worth $3.00

·
Registered
684 Posts
Grabbin it, never tried the Division, didn't want to spend $60 on a game I might never play.

·
FOCAL ARIA FTW
9,351 Posts
Thanks for the heads up!

Attachments

·
Matcha Soda
1,216 Posts
I ended up using a 20% coupon from the Uplay store for it. It was momentarily 3€ on the global store, but 2.1$ on EGS for me. Didn't want to make an EGS account and put my payment info on it, so I went the uplay 2.4€ route.

The game initially didn't launch for me. Verifying the files revealed a 4.14mb corrupted file, after which it crashed once and then worked. I feel this game CTDs' too often when trying to launch, but eventually just works. I was surprised to see a rather decent character creation system (Waifu Maker I call it).

Performance wise, 1440p all ultra seeing 50-60fps, though spend most of the time below 60fps. Might optimize settings later.

I opened the map after getting into the White House and I wholeheartedly think its worth the 2.4€ I spent on it. Me and three other friends grabbed the game, although one of them is waiting for a tax return to upgrade their PC.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
10€

Still not bad. Bought it.
Just got e-mail from Ubisoft saying that the price is now 3€ and that I will be refunded the rest. I guess they'll return 7€. Very nice.

·
Overclocker
3,696 Posts
Wasn't this part of free games from AMD Rise of the Gamer?
For a cup of coffee that's not a bad deal none the less though.

·
H₂O Aficionado
3,780 Posts
It's $3 people. Why is this even a discussion. It's not like it's Superman 64. It's a AAA game from one of the largest developers/publishers.

Yet people spend x amounts on RGB lighting... ok there OCN. OK. SURRRE.

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,774 Posts
y'all making me wanna buy, only thing holding me back is idk anyone on my friends list willing to give it the time of day XD

·
BOINC Cruncher
1,847 Posts
It was okay for awhile, but loot shooters aren't my thing.

Use Level 15 M16
- Kill enemy
Pick up Level 16 M16
- Kill enemy
Pick up Level 17 M16

Why can't I keep the same weapon and just upgrade the attachments?

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,774 Posts
It was okay for awhile, but loot shooters aren't my thing.

Use Level 15 M16
- Kill enemy
Pick up Level 16 M16
- Kill enemy
Pick up Level 17 M16

Why can't I keep the same weapon and just upgrade the attachments?
i think they think it triggers addictive parts of the brain or something. i just find it to be an incredible waste of time. artificial progression thru gear is one of the poorer choices made by the gun game development community over the last decade.

honestly though, i'd prefer diablo loot systems stay in diablo like games :D

·
Graphics Junkie
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Idk, these games where it works. I don't think you can completely rule out rpg style level systems for all FPS games, but it's clear that game publishers have heavily leaned into using this as a crutch at times, and then at others just inserting them into games that flat out should not have them like ghost recon. There's room in the market for games like boarderlands and ghost recon, but publishers need to just stop forcing addictive mechanics into games that don't warrant them.

If you think about it, a lot of media has really moved in this direction. From all the click bait news, to shows that survive on cliff hangers alone becoming the norm. The entire market has learned addiction is the best way to make money... Though I'd like to think this strategy is slowly starting to crack as people get more and more used to it.

Attachments

·
Registered
684 Posts
i think they think it triggers addictive parts of the brain or something. i just find it to be an incredible waste of time. artificial progression thru gear is one of the poorer choices made by the gun game development community over the last decade.

honestly though, i'd prefer diablo loot systems stay in diablo like games :D
1% chance to shoot an amd driver at the enemy :D

ug I think I'll go b n play some d2 ^^, it's been awhile. the whole armor has chance to cast lvl xx frost nova n such was so much more interesting then what we have today. really a 20 year old games little buffs on items can't be outdone?

Off the top of my head say they had a gun with 5% chance to cast Earths Hand, a hand comes up and holds the enemy into place for xx seconds. Wow simple and interesting.

How about some 2020 on it? 5% chance to cast dismembering hand. Don't explain the effect, a hand comes up from the ground and pulls an arm, leg, nose etc off a target. Depending on what it pulls off something different might happen.

How about some armor that spawns a bat to fly around you like a druids raven every xx seconds and attack opponents? Flesh of the bat, little bat pods hang from the armor, burst out when danger is near and attack. The 1-3, more? pods slowly start to grow when a bat dies.

idk the list can go on and on and on, modern gaming seems so boring

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,774 Posts
1% chance to shoot an amd driver at the enemy :D

ug I think I'll go b n play some d2 ^^, it's been awhile. the whole armor has chance to cast lvl xx frost nova n such was so much more interesting then what we have today. really a 20 year old games little buffs on items can't be outdone?

Off the top of my head say they had a gun with 5% chance to cast Earths Hand, a hand comes up and holds the enemy into place for xx seconds. Wow simple and interesting.

How about some 2020 on it? 5% chance to cast dismembering hand. Don't explain the effect, a hand comes up from the ground and pulls an arm, leg, nose etc off a target. Depending on what it pulls off something different might happen.

How about some armor that spawns a bat to fly around you like a druids raven every xx seconds and attack opponents? Flesh of the bat, little bat pods hang from the armor, burst out when danger is near and attack. The 1-3, more? pods slowly start to grow when a bat dies.

idk the list can go on and on and on, modern gaming seems so boring
idk man, path of exile has come a long long way in its nearly 10 years of service. POE2 is lit. They've truly refined their algs, rng, & procedural systems into a world class aRPG experience. I haven't touched my original Diablo 2 disk set since I got into the closed POE beta 10 years ago :p

and yes, the western mono-culture and economy has 100% embraced exploiting psychological addiction to further drive sales numbers, with zero fux given about the affect its having on society. You see it pretty much everywhere, even if you aren't aware of it. These mega-corps higher super scientists to figure out how to best bake in the crack.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,299 Posts
idk man, path of exile has come a long long way in its nearly 10 years of service. POE2 is lit. They've truly refined their algs, rng, & procedural systems into a world class aRPG experience. I haven't touched my original Diablo 2 disk set since I got into the closed POE beta 10 years ago :p

and yes, the western mono-culture and economy has 100% embraced exploiting psychological addiction to further drive sales numbers, with zero fux given about the affect its having on society. You see it pretty much everywhere, even if you aren't aware of it. These mega-corps higher super scientists to figure out how to best bake in the crack.
That has always been done, the data age has simply made them better at doing it.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts

·
BOINC Cruncher
1,847 Posts
I guess I'm missing the correlation people are making between a loot shooter and addiction.

There is nothing in me driving me to get that Level 16 M16 over the Level 15 M16. I would rather not have to constantly pick up more loot. I also don't see how The Division is considered an RPG. You're not character building, you're just picking up the same weapons and armor that are just one level higher than what you have over and over and over again.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,299 Posts
I guess I'm missing the correlation people are making between a loot shooter and addiction.

There is nothing in me driving me to get that Level 16 M16 over the Level 15 M16. I would rather not have to constantly pick up more loot. I also don't see how The Division is considered an RPG. You're not character building, you're just picking up the same weapons and armor that are just one level higher than what you have over and over and over again.
I don't think it is an RPG (thank the maker), it's a looter shooter. I guess it could be an RPG in the general sense, but I think most would say "RPG elements" at best. The real purpose of the loot (armor and weapons) isn't the level of the gear but the perks, and making all those perks work together (weapon and armor) to create a really strong character.

Thank goodness you don't actually have to do all of that nonsense to enjoy the game.

·
Graphics Junkie
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
I don't think it is an RPG (thank the maker), it's a looter shooter. I guess it could be an RPG in the general sense, but I think most would say "RPG elements" at best. The real purpose of the loot (armor and weapons) isn't the level of the gear but the perks, and making all those perks work together (weapon and armor) to create a really strong character.

Thank goodness you don't actually have to do all of that nonsense to enjoy the game.
No one cares what you think because you're a liar and a thief.

Edit: typo.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts