Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For more than the first half of Microsoft's foray into the videogame world, players looked on with interest for years as they waited for the next Halo game to materialize. Recently, with the releases of Halo Wars, Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach, that wait has been reduced to 12 months or less. Expect that trend of short waits to continue, though perhaps not necessarily on an annualized pace.

Corporate Vice President for Microsoft Game Studios Phil Spencer told IGN that, "There's no explicit strategy that says we're to ship a Halo game every year. I will say I think one Halo game every three years -- which was kind of our old cadence â€" is probably not frequent enough."

Spencer noted the long life of the Halo franchise and pointed out that leaving such large gaps in between releases can be detrimental to audience engagement.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1122586p1.html

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
I'm suddenly reminded of the Half-Life series...

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
PLEASE NO MORE HALO. Pick a different franchise already jesus. Same goes for CoD and MoH.

·
Shoot the moon.
495 Posts
Meh bring 'em on I say,
Unlike most people on here it seems I still enjoy the Halo games greatly,
sure they aren't as fantastic as the first when it came out but honestly it was impossible for them to be. It will be interesting to see how the new ones turn out AB (after Bungie)

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Please don't go the CoD route! Please!

·
Premium Member
7,040 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gir View Post
I agree, in a sense. Use that extra time to port 3, ODST, and Reach to PC please.
yep, seriously, it couldn't take that long to port it to PC could it? I mean, its sorta made on the PC then ported to the xbox (technically). I do see why they make it exclusive though, if they like the game enough they'll go out and get an xbox just for it. Anyways, halo on PC please

·
Registered
891 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pLuhhmm View Post
Please don't go the CoD route! Please!
hate to say it but unless they adhere to the warning signs.. which they probably won't... it will happen eventually.

in the eyes of many (but not all) developers, games are not made to create enjoyment... they're made to create income

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
I just want to know what happened our beloved Master Chief. After that, M$ can go shove pineapples up their butts.

·
Z-80 > i9
17,244 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tufelhunden View Post
TBH, I think he is wrong. Waiting builds anticipation, a quicker build schedule, usually means recycled games, which IMO are junk.
Yet kids don't know better still get their parents to buy it..More money for them.

·
Premium Member
8,373 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jackeyjoe View Post
yep, seriously, it couldn't take that long to port it to PC could it? I mean, its sorta made on the PC then ported to the xbox (technically). I do see why they make it exclusive though, if they like the game enough they'll go out and get an xbox just for it. Anyways, halo on PC please

IIRC halo 3, ODST and maybe reach, are all built atop the same basic engine. Meaning all they'd really have to do is port the newest build of the engine to the windows platform, then update ODST and 3 to reach's build. Kinda like w/ source ya know?

Or maybe I'm way off base. Regardless, Halo needs to come to PC. There's tons of money to be made off us PC gamers microsoft, DO IT.

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
MS is going to deathmarch the new dev into churning out as many Halo games as they can to milk all those idiot fanboys until the franchise is run into the ground and they move onto the next big thing with the xbox720 or whatever it will be.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I don't see why it's such an issue with some folks. Halo is a beloved series to millions, it only makes sense to keep it going. You don't have to buy it and it's there for those that want to.

Not to mention the chances of any studio that previously did work on the Halo series moving on to a title most folks here would deem worthy (PC/PC exclusive) are incredibly slim, so it's not like you're missing out on what could have been.

For every cash cow like Call of Duty or Halo (regardless whether the games are good or not), there are plenty of mainstream/indie developers doing something different that you might prefer. Let Halo fans get their Halo on.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts