Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deus Ex: Human Revolution PC Games Trailer - Teaser Trailer

Looks interesting. Should be good, Eidos Montreal was formed from Ubi's best branch (montreal) + Ion Storm; & SE looks like they did a good job w/ FFXIII.

I wonder when it's going to come out, still not listed at amazon even though it's set for 2010 release.

Here's an interview about the game from yesterday as well
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/2...enaissance.php

Quote:
...The first thing they did was go back to original. "That was very, very important. We all started playing it thoroughly, and then somebody voluntarily played the second one, just to make sure," he joked. "It's amazing how it sucks you right back in, it doesn't matter if it's 10 years old."...

Quote:
...These analogies were the Icarus myth, and the idea of a cyber-Renaissance. The Icarus Myth is easily described by the cyberpunk idea of transhumanism - people transcending humanity through physical (cybernetic) augmentation. Icarus was "tripping over transhumanism," said Jacques-Belletete, "he's having too much fun, he flies to close to the sun, and it burns and he falls to his death. So I thought that's my metaphor."

Then comes the idea of a cyber-Renaissance. "Why would you try so hard to mix such eclectic variables together?" he posed. Essentially, he just saw a lot of parallels between cybernetics and the learnings of the Renaissance, from the discovery of Geometry to the new breakthroughs in the study of anatomy. "If you want to upgrade a system, you first have to understand how a system works," he said, and that happened during the renaissance...

·
Registered
498 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pale_neon View Post
Should be good, Ubi Montreal is Ubi's best branch & SE looks like they did a good job w/ FFXIII.
Isn't it Eidos (a.k.a Square Enix)? Or am i completely crazy?

OT: Could be good but as usual its impossible to tell yet.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sylence View Post
Isn't it Eidos? Or am i completely crazy?
yea lol. well ive been up for 20 hours
*corrected*

what i meant to say was the ppl making it were (originally) from ubi montreal
http://eidosmontreal.com/en/team.html#tab5

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
I still remember playing the 1st one....it was l0ng! I totally forgotten what was the story about. something about nano things...

·
Registered
628 Posts
Cant wait, loved the first one, one of my greatest games I've played, still play on the odd ocation.
Hope this turns out to be good

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 5entinel
View Post

pumped.

Remember those sneakers with those pumps?

boooiiii!!!

I'm hype.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pale_neon
View Post

Looks interesting. Should be good, Eidos Montreal was formed from Ubi's best branch (montreal) + Ion Storm; & SE looks like they did a good job w/ FFXIII.

How could you even compare the greatest FPS game ever created with a sorry excuse for a Final Fantasy game.

Seems people have lost respect for FF7 & 8 already

·
Starting to become a BOFH
10,471 Posts
Now, I am sold to buy the first 2.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kronom
View Post

Looks awesome! I hope they don't screw up the franchise

Pretty sure that the 2nd one almost screwed the franchise over. It was...not great. But that's just imo. This however looks amazing for a teaser trailer, I am definitely intrigued. The 1st one still ranks up as quite possibly my favorite pc game of all time. Hopefully the third installment is as epic as we want it to be.

·
Linux Evangelist
2,610 Posts
And here I thought that I could actually write this one off. Oh, well, now I really am gonna need a new machine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nawtheph
View Post

Pretty sure that the 2nd one almost screwed the franchise over. It was...not great. But that's just imo. This however looks amazing for a teaser trailer, I am definitely intrigued. The 1st one still ranks up as quite possibly my favorite pc game of all time. Hopefully the third installment is as epic as we want it to be.

It was WAY worse than "not great." The levels were completely claustrophobic, the settings dull, the script uninspired, and the only cool part was going through the remains of UNATCO. Plus there was no payoff. At all. None.

Five available endings and every one of them sucked.

·
Premium Member
5,037 Posts
Quote:
and then somebody voluntarily played the second one, just to make sure
Yeah, that's pretty much how that goes.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
The trailer looked to be well done. I'm interested now in this game. I like everything about that trailer. Will be looking at this game more closely. Is it too early to tell what engine the game will be running on? The FFXIII engine? I never played the first two at all but I would like to play this one.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts