Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Summer 2010 is going to be a busy time if you're a PC gamer. While there are plenty of promising titles on the way, this summer will also be remembered as the time when Blizzard's StarCraft II was finally shipped. That's not to discredit any of the other releases on the schedule this year â€" an all-new Civilization game among many other cool games â€" but it's been 12 years since StarCraft first came out and this is Blizzard's first non-World of Warcraft title since The Frozen Throne expansion to Warcraft III back in 2003. That's a pretty big deal.

If StarCraft II isn't your kind of game, there's plenty more on the schedule. From action-MMOs to first-person survival horror, there's going to be something for everyone this summer. The following list of highlights isn't meant to be an exhaustive account of absolutely everything coming out from now until the end of September, but it should give you an idea of some of the titles more worthy of your attention.
http://pc.ign.com/articles/110/1102491p1.html

Looking forward to Elemental (preordered and in the Beta), and Monkey Island 2 (preordered). Puzzle Quest 2 also looks interesting.

What about you guys?

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
looked at the list, only interested in SC2... maybe NFS although NFS is basically dead to me now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Starcraft 2, the next decade of my life.

Civilization 5 as well if I can get a couple friends into it. Love the year long MP games.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Mafia II is it. The first was such a great game, broke my heart that it was so often shrugged off as a GTA clone. Much better than any GTA in my humble opinion.

·
Premium Member
5,306 Posts
I'd completely forgotten about Ruse. I'd seen a trailer for that a while ago.

Also, though it's not on that list: End of Nations. Want.

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
Only thing I'm interested in is Mafia II, and also Doom 4, but that won't be out until next year I think.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
APB = no, same quest over and over, gets boring + $10, no ty.
NFS Wold = omg no, bad beta was bad
TDU2 = WIN!!!
SC2 = *yawn* dont care for SC

rest are crap games

wat a great lineup...

-------

Now lets look at the consoles!! OMG LOOK!!! soo much more!!

*HINT* THIS IS WHY I BACK UP MY STATEMENT, PC GAMING WONT DIE, but slowly downfall thanks to crappy games.... and crappy devs....

hmm

CrackDown 2
Dead Rising
Halo reach
madden 11
kingdom hearts

WOW what a lineup!

yes, flame me.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
CIV 5, SC2, and maybe TDU2.

As it currently stands NFS: World is a boring grind fest. At least in other mmos grinding usually had some variety. Not NFS:W. I'm probably going to sit that one out and wait for NFS:HP.

·
Starting to become a BOFH
10,471 Posts
Kane & Lynch 2... HELL YEA.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Definitely want to pick up Elemental. Stardock's put out some great games to date (Sins of a Solar Empire is awesome and I loved GalCiv II), only faltering with Demigod. Elemental seems to be a return to form however, I'm definitely going to pick it up.

Doesn't seem like much of a shooter summer though. Ah well, sometimes it's good to kick back and relax.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by RayvinAzn
View Post

Definitely want to pick up Elemental. Stardock's put out some great games to date (Sins of a Solar Empire is awesome and I loved GalCiv II), only faltering with Demigod. Elemental seems to be a return to form however, I'm definitely going to pick it up.

Doesn't seem like much of a shooter summer though. Ah well, sometimes it's good to kick back and relax.

Yup. Elemental is gonna be awesome. It's already getting fun in the beta, and it's still a week before that's supposed to happen. I've preordered the Limited Edition for $70. Gonna have some sweet stuff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dead Space 2 only because I played the first one. Natural Selection 2 looks promising and hope they don't screw it up but gotta get Arma II Operation Arrowhead.

·
Premium Member
7,187 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icesong
View Post

Starcraft 2, the next decade of my life.

Could not have said it better myself.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krayzie Bone
View Post

Dead Space 2 only because I played the first one. Natural Selection 2 looks promising and hope they don't screw it up but gotta get Arma II Operation Arrowhead.

Dead space 2 for sure, get the limited edition on PS3 and get Extraction for free

Is Arma II Operation Arrow head a completely new game or some kind of expansion? I have ARMA II but only played it for like 5 minutes to date.

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by iscariot
View Post

Dead space 2 for sure, get the limited edition on PS3 and get Extraction for free

Omg yes. Extraction was a really awesome arcade shooter. I loved the story.

Quote:

Is Arma II Operation Arrow head a completely new game or some kind of expansion? I have ARMA II but only played it for like 5 minutes to date.

Yeah, I'm curious to this myself. Tempted to buy it on STEAM. I know it's a standalone game (your don't need ARMA 2 to buy/use it)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts