Overclock.net banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this was posted earlier as I didn't see anything, but it looks like this review just came out. The game looks pretty solid, although as many knew it doesn't live up to the level of awesomeness that was RE4. Still looks like a great game.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/960/960151p1.html

·
Premium Member
6,546 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kylzer View Post
So some idoit put 9/10 for GTA4 they where so wrong.
Nice, you opinion differs so you insult their intelligence.

Looking forward to RE5 - If it's 3/4 as good as RE4, well than I'll be content.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think a lot of RE fans will be disappointed by this. If it didn't have the name Resident Evil on it, it would be considered great title. Fans expect RE games to be survival horror; everything this game is not. It's probably going to be an amazing action game, but it's no Resident Evil.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Im pretty sure most resident evil fans today havent even played the REAL resident evil game. They really should let the name die if they are just going to be making action games now.

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
I played this on PS3, its insane. I was wishing that it was out on PC too but when I checked I didn't think it was.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kylzer View Post
"I guess I'm an idiot too because I thought GTA4 was a solid 90% game."

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well hopefully it comes to PC

·
Premium Member
10,457 Posts
count me in as another idiot that gladly gave GTA4 9/10

on topic, this game, from the demo, deserves a 9 for sure. i cant wait for this game, less than a week!

*runs off excitedly to play Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition*

·
Premium Member
5,651 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by shnoops View Post
Im pretty sure most resident evil fans today havent even played the REAL resident evil game. They really should let the name die if they are just going to be making action games now.
Agreed they just aren't the same anymore.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mihawk
View Post

I think a lot of RE fans will be disappointed by this. If it didn't have the name Resident Evil on it, it would be considered great title. Fans expect RE games to be survival horror; everything this game is not. It's probably going to be an amazing action game, but it's no Resident Evil.

A different name and I'd give this game a 9 out of 10 or maybe even a 10 out of 10. But with the name of RE I expect different. I can't help but to feel let down.

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
http://www.overclock.net/video-game-...ome-other.html

Quote:
# Video Game Reviews
New Rule :-/

But anyways, I agree with what is said above. The ending REALLY REALLY sucks IMO. It really goes to show have far the game moved away. I agree completely why the original creator hates this game with a passion.

It's a great game overall. I really enjoyed it. It felt like an upgraded RE4 (considering almost every boss was a rehash)

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28 View Post
http://www.overclock.net/video-game-...ome-other.html

New Rule :-/

But anyways, I agree with what is said above. The ending REALLY REALLY sucks IMO. It really goes to show have far the game moved away. I agree completely why the original creator hates this game with a passion.

It's a great game overall. I really enjoyed it. It felt like an upgraded RE4 (considering almost every boss was a rehash)
Same. Unless there is an extended ending, the ending was pathetic. The dialogue between Chris and you know who are extremely poor and there is hardly any reaction between the too. I expected a very big ending considering the outcomes and was disappointed. I agree it's a great game and the first game I've beaten in quite a while. I've always been a fan, but I really wish a remake of the classics was remade on 360 and PS3.

I just do not think any other games would be good since they've strived so far from the originals.

I would really like Resident Evil ported/remade for 360 as well as Resident Evil 2 and 3. I read somewhere that there was interest in a remake of Resident Evil 2, but I doubt that's ever going to happen.

But it's a good way to bring new fans to the series by showing them the originals on todays consoles. I know for a fact I would buy any remade game for 360 if they released one. The controls I believe are still great by today and the aspect and feel of REmake on GameCube was something I really wanted and loved.

I doubt it'll ever happen but I feel the best thing to do now to keep the series alive is to not have fresh new story lines, but to have the originals made for todays console to help bring in old fans back as well as new fans.

I know a lot of people who RE4 and 5 was their first Resident Evil games. If the original three were remade for 360 and PS3, I know there would be a lot of people grateful.

·
Just Lift Bro
3,235 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by phospholipid View Post
Nice, you opinion differs so you insult their intelligence.

Looking forward to RE5 - If it's 3/4 as good as RE4, well than I'll be content.
Yes thats correct

·
Banned
2,135 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kylzer
View Post

Yeah, I felt it was around a 6/10.

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteCrane
View Post

all i care about is can I aim while in zoom mode

I don't know what you're talking about.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts