Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
With the 3D effects easily produced within the code, Nvidia and Capcom set out to further push the bounds of the technology. So this September, when the game is launched, the 3D mode will also produce effects that seem to leap out of the screen towards players. I had a chance to experience this at the end of Chapter 1-2, when Chris and Sheva had to face the first boss of the game, the one comprised of slimy worms. As the two BSAA agents brandished their guns and the camera swung around them, the barrels of their guns seemed to pop further out of the screen towards my face. What's more, as the creature slithered along the ceiling, the slime and worms that dropped from its body appeared to fall directly at my head thanks to the cutscene's camera angles and the animation of the beast being rendered in 3D. Considering that I was also able to see the scene without the effects, the sensation of these images breaking from the screen much more than any other 3D I'd ever seen before was jaw dropping.
Source

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsuna View Post
Can ATI graphic card users have the 3D effects?
sadly no

Which is why this makes me sad. I'm going to have to play this game ANOTHER 2 times ontop of the 20 times I've already done respectivelyon both the PS3 and the Xbox 360.

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28 View Post
sadly no

Which is why this makes me sad. I'm going to have to play this game ANOTHER 2 times ontop of the 20 times I've already done respectivelyon both the PS3 and the Xbox 360.
why?

face it. it wasnt THAT good

·
Premium Member
4,775 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobi View Post
wow ATI > Nvidia

Pity but hey , im glad they putting this out for PC soon
- rep

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by I_dalder_I
View Post

Finally now i can sleep at night knowing i spent $600 on some ugly glasses and a crappy monitor.

I didn't pay for it so I don't care

·
Registered
716 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by slothfish
View Post

- rep

plz dont

But its the truth!! Ati > nvidia

I'm just glad RE5 didn't forget about ATI cards not just only NVIDIA .

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellisforheroes View Post
why?

face it. it wasnt THAT good

I know it wasn't that good. It could've been SOOOO much better.
A really thrown together :turd: plot that seriously butchered EVERYTHING - the plot, the characters, the whole 9 yards.
The levels were also the most linear pieces of work I've ever ever seen in a video game I think. It was a straight path the entire game and they had 1 section where you had to go around a boxed out pond to collect 3 puzzle pieces. And that was it!
It was a complete rip off of RE4, down to the menu noises and everything.

But! The game was still really good regardless of all those things. It was kind of like the movies, I enjoyed them but I still don't think the movies (and this) are worthy of having the Resident Evil name. Its just a money stunt if you ask me. If its not made by the same people or people with the same goal as the original people or have the same plot - its shouldn't have the name and its just a way to make money off the popularity of the franchise name. Even though that may hold true, it doesn't necessarily mean its a bad game/movie.

I enjoyed the gameplay even if it was just a reskinned/stripped down RE4, especially while playing with my friends. I also admire the motion capture and acting a ton. The fight scenes were master pieces IMO. The Matrix ain't got :turd: on Wesker.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts