Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Major Update to (RBE) Red BIOS Editor - Navi10 GDDR6 Full Timing Tweaks and easy VRAM Timings tab
https://www.igorslab.de/en/dram-set...diately-free-editable-red-bios-editor-update/

"hellm has now also unlocked the DRAM and made it fully accessible. The depth of the settings is almost overwhelming and there is probably no value from the JEDEC specifications that cannot be changed by a single entry in a special mask. This makes it really easy to change the memory defaults, no matter whether modules from Samsung or Micron were used"

** RBE added Polaris Bios Editing ( RX5xx / RX4xx ) with latest release

updated for Adrenaline 2020 edition

RED BIOS EDITOR [RBE] v1.0 for Navi 10
https://www.igorslab.de/en/red-bios...even-more-stable-overclocking-navi-unlimited/

MorePowerTool [MPT] by hellm supports Radeon VII and Navi cards [RX 5700, RX 5700, W5700]

– added support for Radeon RX VII
– no selection in Load PPT no longer loads default SPPT
– write button no longer writes zeros into registry if no SPPT is loaded
– some minor GUI fixes

– it is now possible to load SPPT from BIOS file
– some minor GUI and bug fixes

– merged BIOS File button with Load SPPT button
– minor bug fixes

– added Frequency tab
– added save function
– some minor GUI and bug fixes

– support for RX 5500 (XT)

– new icon
– PPTable features
– minor bug fixes

The program changes the upper and lower limits of the Wattman settings or blocks input options or releases them.
However, the software does not replace the Wattman from the Radeon software or other overclocking tools, but extends their input options instead! But what is absolutely necessary: the program must be started as administrator!

Attention: If you are using the tool for the first time or have not entered SoftPowerPlayTables manually before, all values are gray, because there are no registry entries yet! Then click once on the „Load SPPT“ button and don’t forget to enter these values later with „Write SPPT“!

The reference design is only conditionally suitable for the use of the tool, only a slight increase of the power target or the increase of the clock limit for the memory, as well as the fan control should be used for test purposes!

Use at your own risk - not suitable with all settings for 24/7 use in productive systems

English - https://www.igorslab.media/morepowe...x-5700-xt-tweaking-and-overclocking-software/

German - https://www.igorslab.media/morepowe...x-5700-xt-tweaking-und-uebertaktungssoftware/

Overdrive Limits Power / Voltage Limits
MorePowerTool MPT1.png MorePowerTool MPT3.png

Power / Voltage Limits and Fan Settings
MorePowerTool MPT4.png MorePowerTool MPT2.png

MorePowerTool – AMD Radeon RX 5700 and RX 5700 XT Tweaking and Overclocking Software from Radeon Tweaker Group

MorePowerTool 1.4 for Navi & Radeon VII

MorePowerTool 1.2 with even more functions
https://www.igorslab.de/das-neue-mo...tionen-die-community-testet-mit-sammelthread/
https://translate.google.com/transl...tionen-die-community-testet-mit-sammelthread/

Radeon Pro W5700 water-cooled and overclocked
https://www.igorslab.de/en/amd-rade...ts-the-impossible-high-spirits-and-blasphemy/

Thank you hellm. Really appreciated all the hard work.

Attachments

• Rep+
Reactions: hellm and Jackalito

·
Premium Member
20,466 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,466 Posts
good I guess 100mhz more makes it even closer to RTX 2080 Super or beat it depending on the game
The 2080 maybe. Too much to ask a low end card.

·
New to OCN?
26,919 Posts
The 2080 maybe. Too much to ask a low end card.
midrange, 400usd arent low end lol but you mean 2080 super or regular 2080? if regular then you mean 2070 Super aswell? now I wonder if the non reference models will achieve 2.3 or more

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
[Tutorial] Making the Radeon RX 5700 and RX 5700 XT more energy-efficient and significantly quieter with the MorePowerTool
https://www.igorslab.media/en/makin...ntly-quieter-with-the-morepowertool-tutorial/

MorePowerTool for everyday usese - no more BIOS flashing and no more Wattman tricks

MSI RX 5700 XT Evoke approx. 250 Watt TBP for the whole card turned into 202 Watt for the optimized card!
From 44.4 dB(A), which is quite loud, the whole thing drops to only 35.7 dB(A), which is not only bearable, but now also quiet
MSI RX 5700 XT Evoke before.png
MSI RX 5700 XT Evoke after.png

·
New to OCN?
26,919 Posts
In the video it is mentioned that Hellm already found some functions for the upcoming non-reference model. MPT (MorePowerTool) only works on reference model cards according to Igor's Lab site.
does it modify something related to the firmware or something? because the modification, he mentions in his site, are the registry mod.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In the video he states Registry hacks and they override limits in Wattman. Not sure how they managed it. Hopefully somebody with a Navi 10 card will test it and report back. But non-reference cards are coming out soon.
Not sure why to many people where crying about locked vBIOS. We should be more upset that AMD doesn't unlock extra cores on the R5 3600 and R9 3900 then making a RX 5700 into a RX 5700 XT. Joking

·
Registered
703 Posts
Saweeeeet gonna give this a go.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I should have checked the Review thread on the RX 5700 XT but the Super-Super fanboys have made it hard to read.

https://www.igorslab.media/morepowe...x-5700-xt-tweaking-and-overclocking-software/
"The program changes the upper and lower limits of the Wattman settings or blocks input options or releases them. However, the software does not replace the Wattman from the Radeon software or other overclocking tools, but extends their input options instead! But what is absolutely necessary: the program must be started as administrator!"

·
PC Evangelist
47,607 Posts
Most 5700 XTs cant do over 2150 so its not really a problem. If you are really upset that 5700 is more limiting $50 is not really that much to get XT.

·
Registered
703 Posts
It works, like a damn charm. Basically it lets you change the limits in global wattman to whatever you want. If you set max memory with igors program to say 970 or the core to 1925 that's your new limit in wattman. While running benchmarks you can see the higher watts memory etc with radeons built in overlay. cntrl shift O

Attachments

·
New to OCN?
26,919 Posts
Most 5700 XTs cant do over 2150 so its not really a problem. If you are really upset that 5700 is more limiting $50 is not really that much to get XT.
so how Igor got some Soft powerplay table mod allowed him to reach 2.2ghz+ it looks like AMD might be limiting the oc capabilities as they did with vega

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why would we believe somebody with over ten years of professional scientific based published reviews using actual lab equipment when youtubers say other wise.

Same youtubers that are forcing 1.40v into Ryzen 3000 chips would never dump too many volts into 7nm Navi 10 chips.

·
New to OCN?
26,919 Posts
Why would we believe somebody with over ten years of professional scientific based published reviews using actual lab equipment when youtubers say other wise.

Same youtubers that are forcing 1.40v into Ryzen 3000 chips would never dump too many volts into 7nm Navi 10 chips.
you dropped the [/s] but in other note reviewers arent enthusiast enough or lack of knowledge to edit something, also most reviews compare performance with default bios/registry if most reviews tried to show the best of AMD cards most people wouldnt even think Vega 64 is slower than GTX 1080 or that a RX 5700 XT is slower than a RTX 2070

·
Registered
703 Posts
Beating the best Nvidia 2060 graphics score on Firestrike was way to easy. Stock blow ftw. modest 1930 core 900 mem 50%+ power

Edit wow I'm close to the best 2060 Super score, the 5700 is a beast.Best 2060 22713, My 5700 Blower 24205, Best 2060 Super 24441. Graphical.

Edit2 Beat the 2060 Super all time best this morn 2505, blower.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want to know if this has any impact on VRAM OC. Are we going to have to wait for physical solder mods? The thing really screwing these cards is the hard lock on VRAM voltage from what have heard.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice results treetops422. Now I'm getting the upgrade itch again.

I think the enthusiast community needs to help the tech reviewers out. If they want us to or not.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I want to know if this has any impact on VRAM OC. Are we going to have to wait for physical solder mods? The thing really screwing these cards is the hard lock on VRAM voltage from what have heard.
I've seen a few mentions around the web of people on water blocks getting 950-970mhz on the RAM which is amazing. Seems to be very temperature sensitive. I'd be curious to see how much better it could do with a voltage unlock. The 5700/XT seems to love memory overclocks from what I've seen.

1 - 20 of 292 Posts