Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

My pc:

*Asus Z170-P with 6700K cpu

*Corsair 750 RM

*Gtx 1080 Ti Founder Edition

*Monitor Red Eagle IIyama 24' 1080p 144hz plugged by display port cable to GFX.

Few days ago i get power outage.

Pc was running in fire strike benchmark with monitor ON.
At the same time my mother was powering on electric oven in kitchen.
And then power went out in house.

Just before power went out, pc was on and monitor was on. When power back ,monitor turns on itself . Then i booted pc , all was looking fine. But after moment i shutdown pc and turned off monitor. And on next boot Windows 10 booted with lower than 144hz value. ( on nvidia panel still 144hz )

To restore 144hz i just turned off monitor and turn on again. And this not happened since.

And my question. It was related to this power outage or just coincidence?

·
Adclock.net
3,751 Posts
It's fine, Just a driver being pissy about improper shutdown nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pc was shutdown improper by power outage. But like i said after this improper shutdown, i booted pc fine with 144hz. And then i shutdown pc normally by windows, and turn off monitor. And then when i boot my pc second time, it booted with lower value than 144hz. To revert back 144hz i turn off monitor and turn back on again.

Anyway it still was related to this first improper shutdown?

·
Adclock.net
3,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sew333 View Post

Pc was shutdown improper by power outage. But like i said after this improper shutdown, i booted pc fine with 144hz. And then i shutdown pc normally by windows, and turn off monitor. And then when i boot my pc second time, it booted with lower value than 144hz. To revert back 144hz i turn off monitor and turn back on again.

Anyway it still was related to this first improper shutdown?
Yes it seems a bit weird, But ultimatly if all hardware functions at the correct levels after the soft reset then I would say it is all fine.

Everynow and then my machine boots up at 60hz rather than 94 (I am using an overclocked LCD panel) a setting change and its back to normal

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah but i had 144hz in nvidia panel in this situation. But lower refresh was clearly visible on screen. To revert 144hz i just turned off monitor, turned on again and was fine. That doesnt matter ? ( On nvidia panel 144hz was on )

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking about this. Very often when i turn on monitor just before turning on pc. Before Windows 10 logo screen i have NO SIGNAL from monitor cause pc is booting so fast. Maybe this is the reason? . Maybe..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts