Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,440 Posts
That's pretty hood!

What upload speed? Some ISP go cheap on upload.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ivan0550
View Post

Im exited!

not bad
at those speeds every little bit heps

id say once u pass aroun 5mbit it dont really help with games "much"

but have you looked into cable in your area?

my dsl i had got like 2.2mbit. im getting like 22.2mbit with cable
same house even.

maybe you could truely take a "step up"

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
I am about to move and the apartments I really like only has DSL. So I am really planning on moving to another apartment because they have both options. For $15 a month I get 512down and 256 up. For 29.99 I get 7mbs down and 512 up. Anyone have something similar to 512 down and 256 up? I would really know what the gaming is like with that speed connection. Ping rates are they good or what? IF there is no difference I will get the $15 a month rate
The nicer apartments with DSL cost 34.99 for 512 down and 256 up. I cant justify paying twice as much for the same rate. My friend has the entry level cox which is claimed as 512 down and 256 up. I have got transfer rates of 800kbps+ using his computer. Which is just as fast as my high speed which is 8meg down and 512 up. I really think his is the same as mine. I have not gamed on his pc though. He uses his for audio recording and does not game. He has a mac

·
Registered
414 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpookedJunglist View Post
I am about to move and the apartments I really like only has DSL. So I am really planning on moving to another apartment because they have both options. For $15 a month I get 512down and 256 up. For 29.99 I get 7mbs down and 512 up. Anyone have something similar to 512 down and 256 up? I would really know what the gaming is like with that speed connection. Ping rates are they good or what? IF there is no difference I will get the $15 a month rate
The nicer apartments with DSL cost 34.99 for 512 down and 256 up. I cant justify paying twice as much for the same rate. My friend has the entry level cox which is claimed as 512 down and 256 up. I have got transfer rates of 800kbps+ using his computer. Which is just as fast as my high speed which is 8meg down and 512 up. I really think his is the same as mine. I have not gamed on his pc though. He uses his for audio recording and does not game. He has a mac
games will be fine at 512/256

1 - 12 of 12 Posts