Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i ahve a asus ptgd1-la mobo and i want to overclock it the bios doesnt let me change clock speeds is there a way to overclock with software??
for my mobo because it came with my hp computer my mobo is Asus ptgd1-la

·
Banned
240 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dani

hello i ahve a asus ptgd1-la mobo and i want to overclock it the bios doesnt let me change clock speeds is there a way to overclock with software??
for my mobo because it came with my hp computer my mobo is Asus ptgd1-la

you can, but the software is really crappy and doesnt work near as well as bios oc'ing. best thing to do is just buy a new motherboard(if you have a socket 478, get a p4p800-se(NOT FROM NEWEGG, THEY WONT REPLACE DOA BOARDS) and swap out your motherboard. those boards are only like 95 bucks. you could probably pick up a cheap used one on ebay.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but mine is prescott and my video card is pci express so its more expensive i dont want to over clock by alot so i can use software but i dont know which is compitable with my mobo?

·
Banned
240 Posts
Quote:

but mine is prescott and my video card is pci express so its more expensive i dont want to over clock by alot so i can use software but i dont know which is compitable with my mobo?

the software really doesnt work man. bit the bullet and get a new motherboard. they arent THAT expensive.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but is there a software compaitble with my mobo ill buy a new one sooner or later but i want to try with software.
and with new mobo how high can my processor rich(Ghz)?

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:

but is there a software compaitble with my mobo ill buy a new one sooner or later but i want to try with software.
and with new mobo how high can my processor rich(Ghz)?

CPU-Cool is a good software program to OC with. (personal favorite)

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i downloaded cpu-z and
i have ptgd1-la mobo
chipset: intel i915p/i915g
southbridge:82801fb(ich6)

i couldn find a program can some one help me with finding? cuz im a begginer in over clocking i only overclocked my video card.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts