Overclock.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pooky

Heh, cool.... is the game any good, BTW?

It used to be, but then they tried to "improve" it and literally destroyed it. I was one of the very first Jedi and can tell you that the game was incredible. The reward was very difficult to obtain, but very rewarding. Now, there's nothing to work for and nothing rewarding. The latest destruction done to improve the game is known as the NGE (New Game Enhancements). What it has done is drive away the last of the player base and dumb the game down to the point where they're hoping to attract the point and click crowd or even console gamers. It's a shame to see such a game ruined after having loved it for years. Now, I wouldn't even play it if it was free. If you're interested in buying the oldest Jedi on Gorath, send me a PM. It was once worth almost five thousand dollars, but now i'd settle for $60 bucks lol.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
1,083 Posts
To a new player who's never played before it will be amazing to you as there's so much depth to what you can do in the game, you can build cities, have space combat, go to the cantina and chat with people, roleplay, pvp the list is endless! I can understand why the pre NGE & pre CU players may hate the game and bash it now after so many changes & dumbing down as i'm actually scared to imagine what the game was like before with even more depth to it as it's already got plenty of stuff to keep a player entertained for quite a long time! If you decide to try it though the 10 day trial gives you a taster but it doesn't give the game justice for what you can actually do in it!
I love the game at the moment but i've been playing for a week who knows maybe SOE will change the game again & i'll join the long list of haters but for the time being i love it!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hmm yeah, I started the Trial and so far as a Smuggler I'm still on some station doing missions with Han Solo, but it's pretty fun actually. Personally I'm a major hater of games that have really hard quests that trade fun for a sence of achievement, and it seemed like the pre NGE Galaxy was just that.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Hmm yeah, I started the Trial and so far as a Smuggler I'm still on some station doing missions with Han Solo, but it's pretty fun actually.

If you're interested in pvp, you might as well start over and become a medic. Healing owns in SWG and always has. Medic is overpowered and I doubt it'll be changed anytime soon.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Meh, don't fancy PvP really, since it's almost always either CTF, Team Fight, or Deathmatch... is it different in Galaxies?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
1,083 Posts
Quote:

Meh, don't fancy PvP really, since it's almost always either CTF, Team Fight, or Deathmatch... is it different in Galaxies?

Well you can pvp single people by doing the /duel command or you can join either imperial or rebel & have massive battles in cities for control and then there's clan wars too, there's also the space combat pvp as well! By the way if you haven't found out already on the trial you can't leave the galaxy the station is in if you try to leave or Hyperspace out it won't let you the trial only gives you a taster for the game & only reveals about 1% of what you can do in the game!

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Minusorange

Well you can pvp single people by doing the /duel command or you can join either imperial or rebel & have massive battles in cities for control and then there's clan wars too, there's also the space combat pvp as well! By the way if you haven't found out already on the trial you can't leave the galaxy the station is in if you try to leave or Hyperspace out it won't let you the trial only gives you a taster for the game & only reveals about 1% of what you can do in the game!

Sounds good on paper, but you'll find that cities are empty, space is empty, etc. They killed the game and you can expect a major announcement in February.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
1,083 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sccr64472

Sounds good on paper, but you'll find that cities are empty, space is empty, etc. They killed the game and you can expect a major announcement in February.

Actually no! My server has busy cities with lots of people always wondering round or hangin out in the cantina and space isnt too bad either i see a fair few people always flying about!

·
Registered
191 Posts
PLZ dont play this game they already ruined it. all vets left only poeple that come now are noobs that get dissapointed after a few days

·
Not new to Overclock.net
1,083 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chucker

PLZ dont play this game they already ruined it. all vets left only poeple that come now are noobs that get dissapointed after a few days

Can't he make his own mind up ? Everyone has their own opinions i've met plenty of people who have been playing since the start of it still playing now, granted a load of the older players left when they made the changes & destroyed alot of the classes but it's still good fun to some people so let him try the game & make his mind up himself! If i had listened to everyone who says it's really crap I would have missed out on the fun i'm having now and the great game that it actually is to a new player!

·
Registered
852 Posts
I LOVED that game. I played it for a year. I co-founded the biggest imperial clan on the Bria server and designed huge imperial bases and cities. You can do anything in that game, it's like... life. They have dumbed it down and I wouldn't go back. However, it still provides my fondest memories of gaming ever.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts