Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

First let me say that I appreciate any and all responses to this post. I have read the overclocking guides....etc.... the thing is though, i dont know if my motherboard can even BE overclocked and i cant find any info anywhere on it.. so heres what i propose... ill list my system specs, and i'll hope that some of you guys/gals can at least tell me if i can even overclock my system at all... if i can, i think i can take it from there... again, thanks in advance for any help.

sysytem specs:

motherboard - shuttle AK32A
Chipset- VIA Apollo KT266A
processer- amd athlon 2000+ (1.67 ghz )
memory- 512 mb centon ddr ram
vidoe card - ati radeon 9700 pro 128 mb

·
Registered
787 Posts
I have never heard of that motherboard before, maybe some of the other guys have. Can you also put all of your system specs such as your Powersupply and your cooling for your system. Im not great on this stuff yet so ill let the vetrans help you out, but the extra info will help them greatly.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OzziKing

I have never heard of that motherboard before, maybe some of the other guys have. Can you also put all of your system specs such as your Powersupply and your cooling for your system. Im not great on this stuff yet so ill let the vetrans help you out, but the extra info will help them greatly.

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Shuttle_AK32A__5410347/TabId/4

Here's that mobo, but i don't know what to say...

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
I found the Shuttle web site (http://us.shuttle.com/product.asp), and it does not appear to list your specific motherboard. It must not be supported or sold any longer? Anyway, the point was to get the MB's manual, which would/should answer these questions.

In the link then hexogenn posted, the technical specs list this under "Manual Settings": "CPU frequency, processor core voltage, FSB ratio (CPU
CI), FSB ratio (CPU:memory)". The question then is HOW do you set the CPU frequency; it might let you play with the FSB some, but prevent you from playing with the multiplier. But ultimately, you should be able to overclock at least by upping the FSB. The best way to find out is to boot into your BIOS settings and report back what it will let you change.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by VulcanDragon

I found the Shuttle web site (http://us.shuttle.com/product.asp), and it does not appear to list your specific motherboard. It must not be supported or sold any longer? Anyway, the point was to get the MB's manual, which would/should answer these questions.

In the link then hexogenn posted, the technical specs list this under "Manual Settings": "CPU frequency, processor core voltage, FSB ratio (CPU
CI), FSB ratio (CPU:memory)". The question then is HOW do you set the CPU frequency; it might let you play with the FSB some, but prevent you from playing with the multiplier. But ultimately, you should be able to overclock at least by upping the FSB. The best way to find out is to boot into your BIOS settings and report back what it will let you change.

thank you

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
GeneralProduct TypeMainboardForm FactorATXWidth30.5 cmDepth24.5 cmCompatible ProcessorsAthlon, Duron, Athlon XPProcessor SocketSocket AChipset TypeVIA Apollo KT266ABIOS TypeAwardProcessorInstalled Qty (Max Supported)0 ( 1 )MemorySupported RAM TechnologySDRAM, DDR SDRAMRAM Installed ( Max )0 MB / 2 GB (max)Supported RAM SpeedPC2100, PC1600, PC100, PC133Storage ControllerController Interface TypeATA-100Storage ControllerIDE - integrated - PCIAudioAudio OutputSound card - PCISignal ProcessorVIA VT8233Compliant StandardsAC '97FeaturesBIOS FeaturesACPI support, DMI supportManual SettingsCPU frequency, processor core voltage, FSB ratio (CPU
CI), FSB ratio (CPU:memory)Hardware MonitoringCPU core
temperature, chassis temperature
, CPU fan tachometer, chassis fan tachometer, system voltage, CPU overheating protection, CPU core voltageSleep / Wake UpSuspend to RAM (STR), wake on LAN (WOL), suspend to disc, wake on ring (WOR)Expansion / ConnectivityInterfaces1 x storage - floppy interface - 34 PIN IDC
1 x keyboard - generic - 6 pin mini-DIN (PS/2 style)
1 x mouse - generic - 6 pin mini-DIN (PS/2 style)
2 x serial - RS-232 - 9 pin D-Sub (DB-9)
1 x parallel - IEEE 1284 (EPP/ECP) - 25 pin D-Sub (DB-25)
1 x audio - line-In - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm
1 x audio - line-out - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm
1 x microphone - input - mini-phone 3.5mm
1 x gameport / MIDI - generic - 15 pin D-Sub (DB-15)
2 x USB - 4 PIN USB Type A
2 x storage - ATA-100 - 40 PIN IDC
1 x audio - TAD - 4 PIN MPC
1 x audio - auxiliary - 4 PIN MPC
1 x audio - line-out - 4 PIN MPCExpansion Slots Total (Free)1 ( 1 ) x processor - Socket A
2 ( 2 ) x memory ( 2.5 V ) - DIMM 184-PIN
2 ( 2 ) x memory ( 3.3 V ) - DIMM 168-PIN
5 ( 5 ) x PCI
1 ( 1 ) x AGP 4xMiscellaneousCables Included1 x IDE cable
1 x floppy cableSoftware IncludedDrivers & Utilities, Winbond Hardware DoctorCompliant StandardsPlug and Play

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i booted into the bios and heres what i found

cpu voltage-1.744 v
cpu voltage default - 1.750v
cpu vcore select [default]
cpu ratio select[default]
auto detect dimm/pci clk [enabled]
spread spectrum[ disabled]
cpu clock [133]

current fsb frequency 266mhz
current dram frequency 266 mhz
dram clock [by spd]
dram timing [by spd]
*dram cas latency 2.5
*bank interleave disabled
dram command rate [2t command]

current system temp 36* celcius (thats idle) when i game its 39*
+3.3 vin 3.3 v
+5 v 4.73 v
+12 v 12.40v
-12 v -12.28 v
-5 v -5.50 v
vbat(v) 3.21 v
svsb (v) 5.29 v
shutdown temp [disabled]

then i saw a place where it says:

cpu clock
min=133
max=166
then it asks me to enter some dec code or something

any ideas????????

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
The problem is we dont know if that mobo is capable of 400mhz. Therefore if you raise your FSB (CPU Clock) to 200 you could damage the computer.

Also the highest ram that mobo is rated for is PC2100. It is a trial and error if you want to overclock, and possibly damage a working PC.

The way I see it you can try it, knowing it might go up in smoke. Or keep that computer as a folder and build a new Rig.

Sorry.

Then again I might be completely wrong.

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
I didn't see anything about a multiplier, so it looks as if your only OC option is to nudge up your FSB speed. One would expect it to be capable of handling a few points increase at least, but Crash is correct that there is some risk involved.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts