Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey mates
Im so confused what to do its just crazy , i have some noob questions about what should i get or not.

Dont judge my english, im really rusty atm :)

I bought some components a few days ago , the 8600K with the Asus Z370 Prime p , Corsair rm650x gold , hyper 212 Led cooler and the HyperX 8gb cl15 2400mhz ram , but sadly the tech guy who build my pc did a really really bad job in terms of cable managment .

Yup its really bad https://m.imgur.com/a/bNRhc

My main question is , in your opinion wich is the best option because i do love games ( using a 144hz monitor) and will edit on adobe collections as well i would say 30% of the time.

1st Option:

should i get the 8700 non oc version (non k) and 2x8gb 3000/3200mhz and ask him if he could do a second and decent job with the zalman z11 (5 years old case , i need to buy atleast 1 fan) . Can i use 3000/3200 mhz with 8700 non k version and the z370 or the cpu
doesnt allow me to use more than 2133mhz?!

2nd option:

Shoul i buy a decent case like the Fractal Design Meshify C TG and the 3000/3200 ( diferent and pretty decent shop , i need to pay 30 for the work) but keeping my 8600k (i will oc to 4.6ghz - all the time freq - nothing crazy because the hyper 212 l cooler is not that amazing.

Can i lock the 8700 to the max turbo boost freq? Is the 8700 better than a 8600k 4.6ghz oced for gaming and editing on premiere and encoding youtube videos.

Thank once again, im sorry for asking but im really lost.

PS im using a msi gtx 970 gaming graphic card

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
Hi Mate,

I personally would go for option two, get it wired in correctly get the set up for the fans so its getting great airflow gong through the case, the specs of your pc are fine.

You do need to get on their case around the cable management though its not pretty too look at and if you're paying for a service then make sure its giving you what you want.

·
Overclocker in training
14,094 Posts
Hi,
Why not just delid the 8600 it would probably oc higher than the 8700 non k and use a D14 or D15 Noctua cooler
Tad late for processor after thoughts isn't it :)

Cable management well if your existing case doesn't have a back panel to route cables then yeah a new case and higher memory would be best if the board can handle it.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Hey mates
Im so confused what to do its just crazy , i have some noob questions about what should i get or not.

Dont judge my english, im really rusty atm :)

I bought some components a few days ago , the 8600K with the Asus Z370 Prime p , Corsair rm650x gold , hyper 212 Led cooler and the HyperX 8gb cl15 2400mhz ram , but sadly the tech guy who build my pc did a really really bad job in terms of cable managment .

Yup its really bad https://m.imgur.com/a/bNRhc

My main question is , in your opinion wich is the best option because i do love games ( using a 144hz monitor) and will edit on adobe collections as well i would say 30% of the time.

1st Option:

should i get the 8700 non oc version (non k) and 2x8gb 3000/3200mhz and ask him if he could do a second and decent job with the zalman z11 (5 years old case , i need to buy atleast 1 fan) . Can i use 3000/3200 mhz with 8700 non k version and the z370 or the cpu
doesnt allow me to use more than 2133mhz?!

2nd option:

Shoul i buy a decent case like the Fractal Design Meshify C TG and the 3000/3200 ( diferent and pretty decent shop , i need to pay 30 for the work) but keeping my 8600k (i will oc to 4.6ghz - all the time freq - nothing crazy because the hyper 212 l cooler is not that amazing.

Can i lock the 8700 to the max turbo boost freq? Is the 8700 better than a 8600k 4.6ghz oced for gaming and editing on premiere and encoding youtube videos.

Thank once again, im sorry for asking but im really lost.

PS im using a msi gtx 970 gaming graphic card
Ok lets be honest to you:

The guy who assembled your PC should quit his job.... There is NO cable management..... I would not pay for a job like he provided...

Components are OK, ofc you can get better components but for a higher price.... And I would rather stay with the 8600K as even the 8700K is not that much better in terms of gaming... I thing its not worth the price difference....

Now regarding the money and what to do... If your budget is limited, just keep the case, make the cable management your self (its not that difficult). Next move the HDD to the optical drive bay and remove the HDD cage. Buy a proper intake fan. Replace the fan on the CPU cooler to a more effective place - in front - push configuration..... Better airflow and low cost as you have to buy just a proper intake fan. And the work you have to do is no rocked science...

But if you want to spend extra money just get a new case and proper work on it ;) And the Fractal Design Meshify C TG is a good choice for a nice price tag :p Later ill show you a similar setup how it can look regarding cable managemet .... :)

If you have any other questions just ask :)

BR, MM :axesmiley

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the reply, i paid 230 euros for the 8600k and the 8700 is 290 euros.
I will play 70% of the time and the other 30% is for adobe collection, can i lock the max turbo freq on the 8700? Or i dont really have any control over the i7 one? Using a z370 prime -p and a cpu cooler hyper 212 L .

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
found a similar discussion about your request.... HERE

Also here a nice comparison between 8600k vs 8700k so you get the image..... LINK

As I said before I would stay with the 8600K....

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
btw here you have my work on a friends PC....

https://imgur.com/a/VtRjD

yes he dont have a GPU atm coz he is waiting for the new release from Nvidia or a price drop....

But the important part is the cable management.... ;) and the case is Fractal Design Define C TG

·
Avid Memer
5,953 Posts
If I were in your position, I would do the cable management myself and overclock the i5-8600K and RAM. If you think the performance is unsatisfactory, then I would upgrade. I would personally wait until you can get an i7-8700K for a decent price to take advantage of having the Z370 motherboard. I wouldn't bother replacing the RAM unless you get a really good price and get a decent return on yours. I wouldn't bother getting another case unless your current case has poor airflow. Then again, your current case seems to have poor cable management options. If I were to get a mid-tower case, I would get either the Meshify C TG like you want or Phanteks Pro M Tempered Glass. I would lean toward the Meshify because it should have better airflow.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
My i5 8600k is more than enough for gaming at stock speeds and I have mine overclocked to 5.0GHz with a hyper 212 just for the fun of it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts