Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what to call it. Maybe it's a form of ghosting?

No matter what window I have up (WoW, Google Chrome, w/e) or even on my desktop, there is what looks like light bleeding.. but from images. I don't know how to explain it. It's like there's a flashlight being shone from the left, but instead of showing shadows, it just shows light coming off of everything. Or, it's like motion blur; as if everything moved left really quickly, but the blur didn't go away.

I hope someone understands..

I attached a screen-cap of it.

If it doesn't show up from a screen-cap, does that mean it's not my monitor? Maybe a hardware issue?

EDIT: Blocked out the curse word. Sorry, Duckie! Didn't catch it.
LL

·
Registered
842 Posts
just sounds like u need a new moniter my old tv is starting to do that. but just to be sure attach a different moniter to ur comp

·
Premium Member
7,798 Posts
Wait... Try doing 3 things.

1: Change the cable that goes PC -> monitor
2: if you have a spare monitor, try that
3: If the problem remains, change computer

This will figure out where the problem is.

EDIT: Had to go to sleep. 0:25 in finland. I wake up in 9 hours. See you then....

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking it was the monitor. This thing isn't exactly high-quality, anyway. I don't have the money for a new monitor anyway, but, I just want to know what the problem is, so I know what to fix when I CAN afford it.

EDIT: I'll try that when I get home, De-Zant, thank you. Will post results afterward.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts