Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I recently discovered that my Thermaltake Thunderblades are UV, so I was testing them out on my Lanparty board and saw the pretty glow. Turns out that this type of antifreeze is UV reactive, too. Anyway, I was just about to shut my case up for the night when I noticed a glow coming from the top of my DVD-ROM drive that I recently recieved for x-mas. I proceeded to discover that it was a large pool of distilled water and antifreeze. I then proceeded to find out that the mixture was coming out of my reservoir barbs that sat right above my DVD-RW. This was last night. Today, I sealed off my reservoir, snapped the zip-ties holding the tube to the barbs, and re-teflon-ed the barbs. I'm giving a call to dangerden right now to give them a piece of my mind. In short, I ask you to double and triple-check your barbs, and re-seal with teflon if necessary.

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Thats why I keep as much of my watercooling outside of the case as possible... Its safer!

This is also a reason why I don't like to keep my computer on when I'm not around...

·
Banned
2,358 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Burn

Well, I recently discovered that my Thermaltake Thunderblades are UV, so I was testing them out on my Lanparty board and saw the pretty glow. Turns out that this type of antifreeze is UV reactive, too. Anyway, I was just about to shut my case up for the night when I noticed a glow coming from the top of my DVD-ROM drive that I recently recieved for x-mas. I proceeded to discover that it was a large pool of distilled water and antifreeze. I then proceeded to find out that the mixture was coming out of my reservoir barbs that sat right above my DVD-RW. This was last night. Today, I sealed off my reservoir, snapped the zip-ties holding the tube to the barbs, and re-teflon-ed the barbs. I'm giving a call to dangerden right now to give them a piece of my mind. In short, I ask you to double and triple-check your barbs, and re-seal with teflon if necessary.

Good point you have there.
I always check mine every night. For this is my first rig setup with W/C and i dont want to see it go up in smoke.

Great reminder there for all.

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, I want to prevent anything bad from happening in the future with anyone's rig, especially my own
. Anyway, I just got off the phone with Dangerden, they didn't seem to enthused about my "suggestion". Oh well...

·
Banned
2,358 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Burn

Yep, I want to prevent anything bad from happening in the future with anyone's rig, especially my own
. Anyway, I just got off the phone with Dangerden, they didn't seem to enthused about my "suggestion". Oh well...

Well when your a small company, its all about customer service. When you become big like DD did, its all about profit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts