Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=470962

You have to check this out - Alot of people have been scamming steam accounts on ebay + through IM programs

This is a example of such a email

Quote:

From: Valve Support <[email protected]> Mailed-By: gmail.com
To: [email protected]
Date: Jul 4, 2006 8:31 PM
Subject: Valve Support

Recently, VAC flagged your Steam Account for a possible cheating infraction. However, the evidence provided proves inconclusive and needs further investigation. For Valve to verify your account, you will need to provide your Steam Account Username, Steam Account Password, and anytime your Steam Account may have been used by another person (Internet Cafe, LAN, Friends/Family) to eliminate this possible account suspension.

To update this question by email, please reply to this message. Because your reply will be automatically processed, you MUST enter your reply in the space below. Text entered into any other part of this message will be discarded.

[===> Please enter your reply below this line <===]

[===> Please enter your reply above this line <===]

Question Reference #021191-0372897
Category Level 1: VAC
Date Created: 7/2/2006 08:33 PM
Last Updated: 7/4/2006 3:29 PM

Discussion Thread
JeffH
I have checked the logs and the infraction occured on July 2, 2006, however, the information that VAC logged does not have sufficient evidence, and must undergo further investigation. I cannot release much evidence, but I can tell you that it is possible that you yourself may not have cheated, but it is possible someone else who may have used your account has.

To investigate this problem, I ask you to provide the information asked above (account username, account password, and possibility of another using your account) into the spot indicated as a reply to this email. If you do not provide your information, you will be banned from VAC servers.

If you have any other questions, you can ask them in the area above this message along with your account information.

Thank you.

JeffH

Valve support
www.valvesoftware.com

DO NOT RESPOND TO THESE!!!!

·
Filthy Casual
8,653 Posts
Rep + for helping out

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Thanks for posting this, I will keep an eye out for this.

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by rabidgnome229

lol - its a gmail address asking for your login info. how dumb are people?

Very.................................... .................

·
Registered
727 Posts
!!! That's not the only scammer out there, just remember anyone that ask you for ur STEAM account and PASSWORD.. WILL HACK YOU AND CHANGE UR EMAIL when u right click steam and click setting, it will show ur EMAIL.. they can just change ur EMAIL, and dont need to VERIFY IT,

Valve/steam doesnt email you for passwords or anything.
They have FULL admin to your account without getting your passwords, if they say u hack or suspect you hack, they dont check. they just BAN you without any research. they will just BAN you from VAC1/VAC2 games.

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by xtacized

Valve/steam doesnt email you for passwords or anything.
They have FULL admin to your account without getting your passwords, if they say u hack or suspect you hack, they dont check. they just BAN you without any research. they will just BAN you from VAC1/VAC2 games.

Sounds like he is talking from experience

·

29,532 Posts
Holy crap, I already found it suspicious when it asked you about the password. And even worse when they said "VAC wasn't sure about it", I was even more suspicious.
This needs a snip of common sense, and you won't do this.
Unfortunately there is alot of people which accepts those "offers" with wide-open arms, and later goes like "OMG***BBQ w00tz0rz my steam accountz has been h4x0r3d OH NOES!!1!1!!one!1".

Please, everybody, tell me that you won't accept those offers as it is directly stupid, and Steam will never ask for your account password.

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by gonX

"OMG***BBQ w00tz0rz my steam accountz has been h4x0r3d OH NOES!!1!1!!one!1".

LOL!

·

29,532 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad_Handlez89

LOL!

Quote me! PWEESE!

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
If anyone gives them their password....they deserve it. What a bunch of stupid ****[email protected]!

Right in the thing, it says "valve employees will never ask you for your password of Serial number/cd key" or whatever....so uh....why would anyone give it to them? lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts