Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Banned
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyrox

Yeah, try to provide more of a description. Also, were you touching it while the computer was on....? GPUs can run really hot, 70-80C.

Whell it is intigrated something, the comp was off... the.... uhh. i took the heatskin off and i cant figure out what it is.... i have an asus mobo and the heatskin is the second biggest on the board and the chip is in the center next to the p4 cpu, so its either audio or graphics... stil, what should i do? to hot or not?

· Banned
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyrox

How long had it been off for when it burned you?

30 or so seconds
but then 5 minutes later it was still all hot and burnish...I tuched it 3 times and got burn't all three.

· Banned
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbasil1

but you still shouldnt have anything running so hot it burns you... i would suggest finding a larger heatsing and fan possibly for it...

This one isnt mine, but it is almost identical accept for the PCIe color and the heatskin colors. but on this board the thing i tuched would be the biggest heatskin you can see there.
http://usa.asus.com/products4.aspx?l...38&modelmenu=1

· Banned
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

i think thats your chipset... but i may be mistaken and it could be the onboard graphix.... but either way i think you should try and cool it a little better... try and find a larger heasink....

So this is pretty much what i call an ohsnap.....

· Banned
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

well i wouldnt get all crazy over it... if its functioning like it should and is stable, i geuss its ok... but why let things be hot when they dont need to be... i would just suggest getting better cooling, never hurts too....

should i turn it off tonight? i usualy leave it on 24/7

· Banned
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

thats up to you... like i said if its running with no problems and you have been running it 24/7 for a long time... then dont worry to much about it, just sometime in the future it might be nice to cool it a little better

K tHx -dcstegg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.