Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

I picked up an asus HD7750 (very impressed with it, apparently one of the most efficient gpu's out there and doesn't require external power other than from the PCIe slot.

and i've basically two questions. It is for a htpc, so no need to tell me it's not 'powerful' btw
wink.gif
. I installed the latest driver and then something called asus gpu tweak.

Question uno, according to asus gpu tweak it idles at around 27c, and after furmark stressing it, it climbed towards about 45c. Is that safe? The system does have a large 230mm fan blowing towards the card, but i gernally keep the fan on very low so that the system is near silent. Ideally i'd like to just let the card get a bit hot rather than always keep ventillated.

Secondly, this is my first amd card, is it necessary to even install asus gpu tweak if i'm not going to overclock it at all? I'd rather just install the driver and forget about it, but maybe asus gpu tweak serves some other purposes? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
45C should be safe if that's as hot as it gets, if it was running around 85-90C all day under load it should still be fine.
As far as I know, GPU tweak is just for OCing and probably fan control which is irrelevant in this case.
You should be perfectly fine to just use the driver.

·
Premium Member
15,255 Posts
45*C under furmark is fine. furmark runs hot so using your card wont hit thoose temps.
GPU tweak well if your not overclocking then i wouldnt worry about it. you can use GPU-z sensor tab to monitor your cards temps, clocks etc

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can I just please have confirmation that 'catalyst control center' is not at all required? It seems that the amd driver from asus installed it, but it wont' run without .net 4.

What does catalyst control center do anyway?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
You want catalyst control centre (aka CCC), its the name of their driver package that lets you set things like overscan compensation, audio properties (over HDMI) etc as well as the standard resolution, refresh and colour depth adjustment.

I think there is an install with .NET bundled with it.

Strictly speaking its not required for a pc to run but you may not get all the features of your card to work without it.

·
⤷ αC
11,239 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts