Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to connect my computers together so that i can play games faster, but my signal seems to be very low, is there any software that can improve it or tweak it or somethign???

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey122687

I'm trying to connect my computers together so that i can play games faster, but my signal seems to be very low, is there any software that can improve it or tweak it or somethign???

The signal is slow because of natural degredation, the easiest say to fix the signal is to make sure that there are no EMI emitting devices between the two computers.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey122687

By EMI do you mean other telephone or sattelite tv??

There are many things that create Electro Magnetic interference, TV's, DVD Players, most everything electronic makes EMI.

Also you have the question of distance and what materials the RF signal is passing through.

What is the ditance that you are covering with the wireless, and have you made sure that no one is tapped into your network?

Edit:
Also why did you turn to wireless for more speed, wireless can only do 54 Mbps max, you can run a CAT5E 100Mbps or Gigabit LAN.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
trythis

I have one and I pick up wifi hundreds of feet away in other houses. I think it's the highest gain antenna out there: about 7 times the gain of a regular bunny ear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts