633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have £100 to spend improving my Water cooling loop

My current temperatures are:
CPU: 37C idle and 49C load
North bridge: 27C idle and 33C load.
South bridge is 17C load and 27C load.

My current loop is:
Laing DDC Top(resivoir) > Swifttech MCP350(pump) > XSPC RS360 (radiator) > EK-Supreme LT (CPU block) > EK-NB/SB 5 (North bridge block) > EK-NB/SB 6 (South bridge block) and back to the reservoir/pump.

What can I improve in my loop with £100? I only want to buy from Watercool UK please

Thanks alot for your help and sorry for the bad spelling.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by 7hm
View Post

Absolutely nothing since they don't have the heatkiller there however you could get high CFM fans with good static pressure and might increase your temps by 2-4 degrees at most. Your temps are already good though

I want a silent system, the loudest thing in my system is the pump.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pyrophonic
View Post

I want a silent system, the loudest thing in my system is the pump.

Thanks for the reply.

Well you could get some noctua p12 very quiet fans and some noise reduction padding and line it up on the inside of the case or seal up the pump in a cube of it but leave a hole in the back for it to breath.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pyrophonic View Post
Do you think another radiator would make any differnce?
A different kind or an additional one? and if its an additional one not much and it'd be a waste what thermal paste are you using? The top 2 things that would really improve your temperatures would be a heatkiller waterblock and some mx-2 or ocz freeze or ic7 diamond

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks alot for all of the repies I am going to buy a shroud and 4 more fans.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopFuel1471 View Post
Shrouds!

push-pull!

That's about it kid. Not much more to improve on. I wish my E8400 loaded to 49* at 1.38V.

What overclock do you have? My E8400 is at 3.8GHZ

·
Banned
8,014 Posts
Put some softer foam or gel under ur pump, I know my MCP355 vibrations are loud when its touching straight against the rad or metal, i put the foam on the bottom and some gel from a mouse pad, its silent now, I don't even know when its on
lol

·
Registered
558 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 88EVGAFTW
View Post

Put some softer foam or gel under ur pump, I know my MCP355 vibrations are loud when its touching straight against the rad or metal, i put the foam on the bottom and some gel from a mouse pad, its silent now, I don't even know when its on
lol

Go with a gel pad. I recommend http://www.petrastechshop.com/pegviabbl.html

the stuff is amazing. You may have to be creative about mounting, because it is not sticky. I prefer that though, incase you have to move it or change something, you don't have to deal with residue and tryuing to peel off little bits.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Thermochill Performance Shroud PS120.3 I know a fan shroud was already said, but i say it again. Get one for each side, and go push/pull shrouded. Also, if you dont have a fan controller, get one, they will make your fans go to whatever speed you need up to their max.

·
Registered
558 Posts
The fans screw into the holes in the top. To me, it appears that it attaches to the rad using the slots on the opposite side.

EDIT:
that shroud is intended only for the 120.3 rad. If you look, it does in fact have holes in the side
http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/cata...oducts_id=1487

·
Data Scientist
384 Posts
Yeah, I think someone on these fora bought one for a non-thermochill radiator, and it didn't fit; he ended up having to cut it.

You could always just make shrouds out of old fans? Or hell, just order a bunch of cheap fans off of newegg (they give discounts in bulk), and turn them into shrouds. I bought 10 120mm fans off of there for 30 bucks, which will be used to make shrouds for both my 360 and 240 rad. Buying legitimate shrouds by someone like Feser would've cost 200 bucks comparatively.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.