Overclock.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My system is now missing a vital component, The card of graphics!!
ninja.gif

I'm looking for a graphics card in the $200 range that will keep me happy through the BF:3 days.

I have been considering the GTX560 and later running them in SLI config but I am open to suggestions.

New or used works for me. I have been waiting around patiently for neweggs open box but I keep missing them.

·
Just another nerd
5,938 Posts
ASUS, MSI or Gigabyte 560 TI would be an excellent choice.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts

·
Too Poor For This
7,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackcy;13099416
6950 2Gb is a little bit over $200. And it unlocks to a 6970. Good option.

GTX 560 is quite a beast of a card. You really can't go wrong with ^^^^^those ppl suggested.
I agree. If you can get a hold of a 6950 that unlocks to a 6970 then go with that. If not a GTX 470 is the next best option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaz;13099465
My vote would be a 5870 which is just under $200 after rebates:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125316
The 470s are faster and cheaper. OP should be able to find one in the OCN marketpalce for pretty cheap though and may be worth it but the 5XXX series does rather poorly in the DX11 benchies.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To tell the truth I had a 560 reference but returned it hoping to find a good deal on a non-reference one. I then started to second guess my decision and decided to go to you guys for suggestions on the $200 range cards.

·
Expand Always in Always
4,597 Posts
As the others have already stated I don't think you can go wrong with a 560.I'm currently going through the same dilemma(thought about a 470),I've now narrowed it down to the Asus or the MSI 560.Leaning towards the Asus.

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
+1 for non reference cooler by ASUS, the DirectCU. I have it on my 460, and it is so quiet and temps are so good, that I am not going to add it to my WC loop. And I fold/crunch all the time with it, never exceeds 67C at 890 OC.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.