Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 120 on my friend's xiggy succumbed to a dust bunny induced death and shall now be relegated to shroud duty. A replacement is needed. What do?

·
AMD Overclocker
9,178 Posts
What are your requirements? Performance? Quietness? A little of both?

• Rep+
Reactions: can0lard

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Behemoth777 View Post
What are your requirements? Performance? Quietness? A little of both?
I have 5 80mm's in the case that drone on fairly loud so performance is more my priority. Nothing too unreasonable though. I have a pair of old Vantec Tornadoes (55.2 dBA!) that I don't use b/c of the noise.

·
AMD Overclocker
9,178 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by can0lard
View Post

I have 5 80mm's in the case that drone on fairly loud so performance is more of an issue. Nothing too unreasonable though. I have a pair of old vantec tornadoes (55.2 dB!) that I don't use b/c of the noise.

Well, like the other guy said the gentle typhoon ap-15 1850rpm model is a great heatsink fan. However, if you can stand more than 30dba, the panaflo 38mm fans are great for heatsinks as well. I would say those two are the best heatsinks fans. Or, if you can get your hands on a san ace h1011 or h101, those are really good too and outperform both, but are loud and hard to find. If you need some links, let me know.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Behemoth777 View Post
Well, like the other guy said the gentle typhoon ap-15 1850rpm model is a great heatsink fan. However, if you can stand more than 30dba, the panaflo 38mm fans are great for heatsinks as well. I would say those two are the best heatsinks fans. Or, if you can get your hands on a san ace h1011 or h101, those are really good too and outperform both, but are loud and hard to find. If you need some links, let me know.
wow the San Aces look insane @ 260CFM, but 64dBA is probably a bit much. Think I'll go for the $20 Panaflo. That's more than I paid for my little OCZ!

·
Premium Member
4,678 Posts
The panaflow 38mm will create better static pressure thus better preformance = better cooling. 3 wire is fine, run it off of a fan controller as you will not need full speed 100% of the time.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
eBay has plenty of cheap fan controllers. I bought one that even came with temperature probes for $12.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts