Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 7900GTX for a good price. It came with the game "King Kong" and I'm having problems with it. I can install it, but when it asks for the CD-KEY, it says "product key is different from the one on the disk".

I typed it out exactly and it still doesn't work.

I tried this but it didn't work:

The protection system may interfere with some firewall programs (As a result the system may stop responding). Please visit http://www.star-force.com/protection/users/ to get the latest drivers.

Here's my error report:

[Error Information]
UK: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
HC: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
3.6.10.6; 3126; ES: 10003, 24, 1F, 10018, 10030, 10028, 16, C, 1000A, 10006, 10005, 10004, 10002, 0

Please help if you can!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
You'll have to contact the game publisher for help with CD key issues.

But what I wanted to point out is that StarForce is that "rootkit" copy protection software, and by installing King Kong you have probably been "infected" by that piece of crap. I.e. StarForce is probably now installed on your PC and always running, but invisible in your Windows process monitor. King Kong was a nice game (I played it on the XBox), but not nice enough to warrant installing rootkits on your PC. If I were you I would forget about King Kong, then do a Google search for the StarForce remover and clean out your PC.

On the flip side, KK is kind of short; you can probably finish it in six hours or so. So you might let it slide until you finish the game (assuming you get your CD key issue worked out). Just make sure you get StarForce cleaned out when you're done.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by VulcanDragon View Post
You'll have to contact the game publisher for help with CD key issues.

But what I wanted to point out is that StarForce is that "rootkit" copy protection software, and by installing King Kong you have probably been "infected" by that piece of crap. I.e. StarForce is probably now installed on your PC and always running, but invisible in your Windows process monitor. King Kong was a nice game (I played it on the XBox), but not nice enough to warrant installing rootkits on your PC. If I were you I would forget about King Kong, then do a Google search for the StarForce remover and clean out your PC.

On the flip side, KK is kind of short; you can probably finish it in six hours or so. So you might let it slide until you finish the game (assuming you get your CD key issue worked out). Just make sure you get StarForce cleaned out when you're done.
yea I was going to mention that also. Starforce is some nasty stuf. Here is a link to help you remove it after you beat king kong. http://www.choomba.org/wiki/doku.php...rforce_removal

• Rep+
Reactions: Wankerfx
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.