Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by UberN00B

In order to have Water Cooling, your going to need a Full-Tower case, no Mid-Towers.

since when?... you could fit everything in that or you could keep everything outside the case and just run tubing inside

anyway, $ 100 isnt really much to get a good setup going... I say save a bit and get up to at least $ 150-180 and you could put together an excellent setup

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by eternaldj

well i'm finally replacing my cheap case with a Lian Li PC-65B: http://www.newegg.com/product/produc...82E16811112040

and i was wondering which watercooling i should get with it i only have about $100 or so to spend though...

water cooling is going to cost about $300

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well then what do you guys suggest i get? i'm up for a new case (since i haven't ordered it yet) and more expensive water cooling if i really need it

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Get the Lian-Li, it's an AWESOME case, and watercooling will fit whenever you install it. But since your on a limited budget right now, Go for a really good air heatsink like the Tuniq Tower 120 or Thermaltake Big typhoon. It will give you the same or better temps then any 100-150$ water kits

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
if i were you I would get a cheiftake full tower dragon, coolermaster stacker, thermaltake xaser, thermaltake shark, thermal take soprano, or a aerocool masstige. All of these are high build quality, full tower, and decent price cases. Also, each can hold watercooling. Out of them I would suggest the thermaltake xaser the most as I think it is the best bang for the buck.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ares545

if i were you I would get a cheiftake full tower dragon, coolermaster stacker, thermaltake xaser, thermaltake shark, thermal take soprano, or a aerocool masstige. All of these are high build quality, full tower, and decent price cases. Also, each can hold watercooling. Out of them I would suggest the thermaltake xaser the most as I think it is the best bang for the buck.

Actually the thermaltake soprano isn't a full, it's a mid. If it is listed as a full it's the smallest full I have ever owned.

Look at my postHERE for a cheap setup that will be much better then a kit.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Bigwater SE. It rocks, The regular bigwater is crap though, Make sure you get SE if you do indeed get a bigwater set up.

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by UberN00B

In order to have Water Cooling, your going to need a Full-Tower case, no Mid-Towers.

Uhh, I was able to fit everything for my WC setup IN MY CASE (my case is a tiny Scorpio 868 mid tower). I was able to have the heatercore sit on top of my case, while fans blow the air through the heatercore into my case. Everything is attached to the case, nothing is out side (well, the HC is but it's bolted to the top of my case.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts