Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Baller on a Budget
1,304 Posts
Would be an intriguing case if it cost $30-$40 less. Gets blown out of the water at the $100 price point.

·
Baller on a Budget
1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIPrice;13068372
What case? We will try to get it in.
Well the CM 690 II Advanced, CM Storm Scout, Lancool PC-K62, Fractal Design R3, and the upcoming NZXT H2 all come to mind...

The BUC doesn't look like too bad of a case, it just seems a little pricey. In the video it looked extremely flimsy, especially the front panel. The cable management looks like it was an afterthought since they didn't put enough room behind the motherboard tray. Also the PCI slot covers are non-replaceable and the front panel cables looked pretty short.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentHydra;13068505
Well the CM 690 II Advanced, CM Storm Scout, Lancool PC-K62, Fractal Design R3, and the upcoming NZXT H2 all come to mind...

The BUC doesn't look like too bad of a case, it just seems a little pricey. In the video it looked extremely flimsy, especially the front panel. The cable management looks like it was an afterthought since they didn't put enough room behind the motherboard tray. Also the PCI slot covers are non-replaceable and the front panel cables looked pretty short.
Well, while the Scout is great we both like the BUC better. The price is, well too much, but I would take this case over the others you have mentioned. The pci slot covers are a major down side but I have had cases before without any as well. All in all the case is enjoyable to live with but for the price I would not buy it, but for free......
thumb.gif

·
Registered
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentHydra;13068505

While I agree with your complaints, I'm not sure how cases like R3 or H2 fit the $100 criteria if this doesn't. Especially H2, which seems to get suggested a lot, even though it's utter crap. Front door is flimsy piece of crap plastic. Airflow is non-existent if you don't remove the door or drive the fans at 100% and the noise dampening material is cheap foam, which at best removes some echo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.