Overclock.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might have been brought up, but I say members who have been inactive for like 3 months should have their accounts deleted.. Cant truly say OC.net has 5000+ members if only a handful do anything.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
yeah...thats true...those accounts just take up space, and those people are long gone. if they wanna come back they should make a new account

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jori

This might have been brought up, but I say members who have been inactive for like 3 months should have their accounts deleted.. Cant truly say Overclock.Net has 5000+ members if only a handful do anything.

That's no good... Some of those people will come back every once in awhile... Like there's some forums I havent visited or logged on to my account for more than 3 months and I would still like to have my account there because I might have a question or and answer for someone. Or I might just have enough time/interest in the subject to be fully active again.

Also, people's interests change often, so someone might be here 24/7 for 6 months, then they decide to dedicate more time to their car, so they spend more time on a car website, or bike or whatever it might be.

What if something should happen and you're without a computer for awhile??? then you wouldnt be able to come here and your account would be deleted...

Just some thoughts...

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
I agree with Evil.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando95

I agree with Evil.

Evil has a good point, but I think we should focus on the members who have never posted.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfillpot

Evil has a good point, but I think we should focus on the members who have never posted.

Its unlikely...but even then, couldnt these people be popping on the forums just to read the threads from time to time?

Having a user account on VBulletin takes up very little resources really...not much more than a few rows of data in a mysql table. Is it worth the effort?

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms

Its unlikely...but even then, couldnt these people be popping on the forums just to read the threads from time to time?

Having a user account on VBulletin takes up very little resources really...not much more than a few rows of data in a mysql table. Is it worth the effort?

good point.

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
I was wondering about birthday emails...like if admin set somthing up to send out automated emails to members wishing them a happy birthday, maybe it would jolt their memories and get them to return.

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
Lol...well i dunno know about youguys but i dont give that much info out usually. i hate useless email to lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.