Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

My Notebuck Pc is an Asus A4540LLH with a Processor of Mobile Intel Pentium 4 532 3.06Ghz. H/T Technology

Ram is 768 which is shared with the video card giving me a working 640mbs of Ram.

Also Video card is SIS M661MX which is currently set at 128mbs

Now i'm playing Age of Empires 3 but it runs only at 15fps. However with much more units on the screen, the fps slows down to even 0.9 and sometimes lower. Is there a way by which i can increase performance of my video card by overclocking it? or am i doomed to keep that frame rate???

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
You might not be able to overclock your video card (not sure about that) but you can, however, disable things that require a lot of rendering power such as Anti Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering.
You can also decrease your resolution from 1024x768 to 800x600 from the game Graphics menu.
This should help you achieve a higher frame rate but it would also be done at the expense of graphic quality.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah done dat, dropped everything at lowest settings possible, but still fps is v low...

·
Registered
2 Posts
seeing as this has something to do with my question...

my laptop is an ASUS A4500L and has an SiSM661MX that runs on 64MB... i'm looking for an overclock software that'll support it since i find it too...well... crappy... can anyone help me?

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
Using Notebooks with built in proprietary video cards will not give a good gaming experience. Notebooks with graphics containing dedicated video ram have a far better ability to game with. Sadly these notebooks do not contain that ability.
Overclocking notebooks is not a good plan imo as they are created with a heat envelope ceiling and bypassing this can easily render the system instable and inoperable. There will be no agp/pci-e/pci lock and this also will help to render an instable system.

R

·
Registered
269 Posts
aka if you're looking for more of a gaming system you would be better off with a lower end or decent desktop. With that you would have a lot more options for overclocking and better components for gaming. Unfortunately that's about the only option you have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts