Overclock.net banner

481 - 494 of 494 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakDown View Post

Anyone played "shadow warrior"? is it any good? the melee combat looks like fun.
Sounds interesting. I'm usually on the lookout for HD remakes. Not sure how I missed this.

Recently started playing Teslagrad. It's a physics/puzzle platformer in which you can manipulate magnetism and teleport around. It also has boss fights. Good stuff.

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
Anyone ever play Starmade? It's basically the lovechild of FreeSpace and Minecraft... in alpha atm. A little rough around the edges, but it's still fun, and is just boiling over with future potential.

http://star-made.org/

A year from now, it'll be one of those games I bragged about knowing before everyone else
tongue.gif

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello again,

This was the long journey, and finally we can proudly annoucne that T.E.C. 3001 will be available on Steam from April 10, 2014. This game is good choice for everyone who like fast games full with adrenaline and heart pumping gameplay. So hardcore gamers, bring it on.

Cheers!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #490 ·
Sorry everyone, been really neglecting this thread. I'm hoping now that summer has rolled around for me I can contribute more.

In the meantime, Transistor has been released by Super Giant Games, the creators of Bastion. Very unique combat system, I highly recommend everyone to try it out.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Some Indie games I've played/beaten this month:

Tower of Guns - pretty fun roguelike FPS that feels like an old-school shooter but with randomized elements. The art style/presentation is pretty bland, but the game is solid.
Mark of the Ninja - fantastic stealth platformer, if you haven't played this, it's a must-play
Risk of Rain - pretty decent roguelike action platformer. Kind of buggy sometimes but it's fun, also very hard
Giana Sisters: Twisted dreams - starts off pretty bland, but from world 2 onwards the level design gets a lot better/more difficult. Not a fan of the art style or music, but still a decent game
KRUNCH - neat, simple game where you guide a ball creature through short, booby-trap filled levels. simple gameplay, good execution, great music (by Disasterpiece, the guy that did the Fez soundtrack)

·
Premium Member
15,715 Posts
Man this thread needs a revival lol...

Just finished Space Run. Got all the mission stars
biggrin.gif

Anyone else?

·
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer
14,431 Posts
Playing through Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition. I couldn't finish the classic edition due to a game breaking bug in a main quest, but those are all fixed now. Larian has such devotion and attention to detail, it is so evident with this game. Excellent programmers too, made really obvious by how functional and interactive all of the gameplay mechanics are. Enhanced Edition has many minor improvements but they all add up to make it much better.

The game is filled with synthetic difficulty though, unlike say XCOM: Enemy Unknown on Classic difficulty. Generic human enemies of the same level as you, for example, have far more AP than you can ever dream of... unless you put almost all of your attribute points into Speed, which they didn't do with these enemies because they are very effective in combat and clearly have high Constitution too. And much more, like this one enemy who was able to use a master level spell endlessly with no cooldown, etc. They need to ditch this. Synthetic difficulty is just "gamey" and they need to take a page out of Firaxis's book. Balanced difficulty with smart AI is the best challenge. On that note, the AI in this game is typically very stupid.

Either way I can't wait for the sequel, even if this one is a bit overrated as an RPG. There isn't that much role-playing to be honest; much more than The Witcher games of course, but less than even Dragon Age: Inquisition let alone a (forgotten) masterpiece like Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir.

481 - 494 of 494 Posts