Overclock.net banner

41 - 60 of 494 Posts

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
@ TFL Replica,
I completely agree about Amnesia...great game and king of horror games. but because of that i refuse to ever play it lol.

thinking that though i will be hard pressed to keep up to date for games coming out monthy, there are several past indie games..so great...that they must have some documentation on here Amnesia among them

@ ExposedWang
haha be patient i only started the thread! I know i will miss many games...practically guaranteed because my time is fairly limited out here, but ill do my best. though i wont discourage anyone's help for games.

If you bring in a game in your post, throw in a couple screenshots, a gameplay vid, where it's for sale and for how much that would be plenty and i will put in on the list on page 1

@ Radiopools
cant agree more on Orcs Must Die...gosh it's fun. but TOUGH.. i dont want to but may have to go to "easy" just to get through the levels for the better towers and go back for the better completion and skull count..
hard to decide which upgrades to get though...ive stored up almost 30 with indecision lol

so far the only DLC ive seen is the Knight's something... different suit and you have a hammer instead, looks cool but i dont use the melee much. so far love the crossbow (tons of headshots) and wind belt.

@ JoelMartinez
completely agree that super meat boy rocks..i just bought another controller so i could play it on my laptop out here. love it. i may be delayed in adding it so look up to what i said to ExposedWang, feel free to throw it in yourself if i take to long!

bit more for the future of this thread..
-everyone can contribute, this should be big we all need to take more screenshots lol.. just that and a gameplay vid (linked from youtube is easiest), then links to where we can buy it, do that and the game will make the main list on page 1

-plan is to keep current on games as they are released, but as i said to TFL Replica above, "legacy" games should and WILL be included, so make recommendations..this is what this thread is FOR

take care guys, hope you like the direction this thread is going. more input the better because this is my biggest undertaking on here besides a case mod log.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Radiopools
View Post

Orcs Must Die! is the most fun I've had playing video games in a loooong time. I've never really played a tower defense game, but I because interested after Destructoid's E3 preview, and I pre-ordered it. Despite not being able to use the pre-order DLC, the game is a blast.

You can fix it by exiting steam, going to C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\appcache and deleting the "appinfo.vdf" and "packageinfo.vdf" files (heard it was just the appinfo but others have posted saying both, friend deleted both and it worked for him). Restart steam, run the game, and the shield with the DLC should be there.

·
Registered
803 Posts

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
hey TFL Replica...
or anyone else that has the answer

wondering a small bit about The Binding of Isaac. when i played the demo on newgrounds and used my keyboard i could only shoot the 4 main directions.. i have a gamepad now, is it possible to shoot diagonally in the game?

not sure why i thought of this but am curious

@ JoeyTB
same here! so far a good start, tell your friends!! lol

actually..what i should do is get a good signature link made... mine is just a basic url...would be nice to have a real spiffy sig link

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
fooi...i was kindof hoping with the diagonal shooting, but in truth it would make the game far easier and we cant have that.

also playing super meat boy again. love this game because it is the only one that will make me laugh myself to tears when i die constantly...
just going for one of the first bandaids i must have died....40-60 times... was awesome

·
Super Moderator
15,095 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by loop0001
View Post

hey TFL Replica...
or anyone else that has the answer

wondering a small bit about The Binding of Isaac. when i played the demo on newgrounds and used my keyboard i could only shoot the 4 main directions.. i have a gamepad now, is it possible to shoot diagonally in the game?

not sure why i thought of this but am curious

Shooting is limited to the 4 directions but if you're moving while you shoot, the projectile will pick up your movement speed/direction.

So if you move left and fire upwards the tear will fire top left. Likewise if you move right and fire right the projectile will move much faster towards the enemy, extending its range. Use this to your advantage.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
supermeatboy01-1.jpg

Genre: Side Scroller, Arcade, Action
Released on: 20 October 2010
Platforms: PC and Xbox 360
Demo Available: No
Currently: $14.99 on Steam and Direct2Drive
Developed by: Team Meat
Quote:
Super Meat Boy is a tough as nails platformer where you play as an animated cube of meat who's trying to save his girlfriend (who happens to be made of bandages) from an evil fetus in a jar wearing a tux. Our meaty hero will leap from walls, over seas of buzz saws, through crumbling caves and pools of old needles.!
Gametrailer's review PCGamer's review 1UP's review

Screenshots and Vids
supermeatboy08.jpg

supermeatboy07.jpg

supermeatboy06.jpg

---

·
Registered
339 Posts
Quote:
Slice them, burn them, skewer them, and launch them - no matter how you get it done, orcs must die in this fantasy action-strategy game from Robot Entertainment.
The first little paragraph, is that Orcs Must Die?

·
Let's go Sharks!
565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loop0001;15300961

@ Radiopools
cant agree more on Orcs Must Die...gosh it's fun. but TOUGH.. i dont want to but may have to go to "easy" just to get through the levels for the better towers and go back for the better completion and skull count..
hard to decide which upgrades to get though...ive stored up almost 30 with indecision lol

so far the only DLC ive seen is the Knight's something... different suit and you have a hammer instead, looks cool but i dont use the melee much. so far love the crossbow (tons of headshots) and wind belt.
They finally fixed the DLC prob so I have the new armor now! I like it a lot. I haven't even bothered using the hammer yet because crossbow/wind belt and my 3rd weapon (no spoilers) are way more fun.

I'm mostly competing with a friend of mine who also picked up the game, trying to beat each other's scores. I've 5-skulled everything so far on Normal, but I've been replaying levels instead of progressing because it's just too much fun!
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Picked up The Binding of Isaac a few days ago when I had little sleep, I tend to buy more games because I'm too sleepy to care how much they are and normally regret it in the morning. But at $5 it was well worth it. I got a few hours in yesterday and I can see just how addictive this game can be. The only thing I wish it had was a way to choose items you previously found and have an in game description of pills/ cards you've already used so you don't pop a slow pill or boss card on accident.

·
Super Moderator
15,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBISHOPx;15314400
Picked up The Binding of Isaac a few days ago when I had little sleep, I tend to buy more games because I'm too sleepy to care how much they are and normally regret it in the morning. But at $5 it was well worth it. I got a few hours in yesterday and I can see just how addictive this game can be. The only thing I wish it had was a way to choose items you previously found and have an in game description of pills/ cards you've already used so you don't pop a slow pill or boss card on accident.
Sorry but that would ruin the game in the same way driving a truck across a cake would ruin the cake. The whole point of the game is the nethack style randomness, the risks/rewards and the tough decisions. You'll understand this better once you get a few dozen playthroughs done.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExposedWang
The first little paragraph, is that Orcs Must Die?
yes it was, thanks for the catch. all fixed now. :thumb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiopools;15308844
They finally fixed the DLC prob so I have the new armor now! I like it a lot. I haven't even bothered using the hammer yet because crossbow/wind belt and my 3rd weapon (no spoilers) are way more fun.

I'm mostly competing with a friend of mine who also picked up the game, trying to beat each other's scores. I've 5-skulled everything so far on Normal, but I've been replaying levels instead of progressing because it's just too much fun!
biggrin.gif
good news for the fix man! yeah the different magic you get to use is really fun and i like the ways they used it.

5 skull everything on normal?!?! gosh you're way better than i am.. need to know your secret! to expensive to maze..doesnt work either. really need to layer the defense in the game to. that and always headshot with the crossbow...everything

give up some tips and pointers and favorite towers eh?

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica;15314469
Sorry but that would ruin the game in the same way driving a truck across a cake would ruin the cake. The whole point of the game is the nethack style randomness, the risks/rewards and the tough decisions. You'll understand this better once you get a few dozen playthroughs done.
lachen.gif
@ "a few dozen playthroughs done" lol you crazy!

that is really cool though how they have forced imbalance and stress in the game with randomness.

good news everybody!! i am now a coffee drinker! no more mass ripits or pop/soda/coke/bubbly/what-have-you!!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica;15314469
I was thinking more end game for the items, say you 100% it and just want to mess around more than beat it for the thousandth time. After collecting everything why not let us use those items we only got a few times or even try different combos of items? Or think of it this way, why not let us choose which items will spawn? As for the pills/ cards I'll know what does what eventually so I was just thinking of a way to speed that up. I'd also like steam's in game overlay and the ability to set it for 16:9 + more resolutions but Its only a $5 game so I realize I can't ask for much.

41 - 60 of 494 Posts