Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I noticed they have Infared LEDs at radioshack. I may pick up some, granting I knwo what I'll do with them

What are some good ideas on how to use them in my case?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by D3DAiM

Well, I noticed they have Infared LEDs at radioshack. I may pick up some, granting I knwo what I'll do with them

What are some good ideas on how to use them in my case?

isn't infared leds what the use in remote controls, i thought that you can't see infared

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
turn your power switch into an Infra red device... you can have a remote to turn it on... put it next to your lightswitch or something! you can come into your room and turn on the lights and PC!!

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, you can't. The kit at radioshack comes with a transmitter and receptor. I'm pretty sure it's the same stuff that you see on all those new garage doors that stop if you pass between the transmitter and detector.

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaLoveDocta

turn your power switch into an Infra red device... you can have a remote to turn it on... put it next to your lightswitch or something! you can come into your room and turn on the lights and PC!!

Hey not a bad idea. I'm pretty sure that infared are beams though.. :\\

So in order to hit the detector from the remote, id have to be like right on it hah. Good idea though.

·
Premium Member
5,573 Posts
There is IR activated tape out there. But, why bother with so much UV activated tape on the market.

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankenPC

There is IR activated tape out there. But, why bother with so much UV activated tape on the market.

Tape?
What about tape?

·
Premium Member
5,573 Posts
Quote:

Tape?
What about tape?

It's stuff used to test IR beams. It glows green when exposed to IR.

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's not exactly what I want to do though..

I want to actually make some sort of performing device.

i.e I could make an alarm that goes off if you cross between the beam travelling between the transmitter and detector..

·
Premium Member
5,573 Posts
Quote:

That's not exactly what I want to do though..

I want to actually make some sort of performing device.

i.e I could make an alarm that goes off if you cross between the beam travelling between the transmitter and detector..

Ah...so you want an IR transistor (gate turns on when hit with IR). Then, you can use an IR LED and a detector to make a Hollywood security device.

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankenPC

Ah...so you want an IR transistor (gate turns on when hit with IR). Then, you can use an IR LED and a detector to make a Hollywood security device.

So I'd need an IR transister along with teh LED and detector eh?

Well, the alarm was an example. I'd really have no use for an alarm in my case LOL...

I remember my armor had one..that was pointless.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts