Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·

29,532 Posts
This is really, really useful. It includes all the things I've been trying to explain ALOT of CS users.

The ex_interp part is what goes as "cl_interp" in CS:S, it's excactly the same, and you want as little guessing as possible.

I've been running 0.009 in 1.6 for a looong time (updaterate 101), whereas in CS:S, it just doesn't make sense running anything else than 33/66/100 because some servers only are that.

I just don't see at all why VALVe made that terrible mistake to switch to tickrate 33 (HL2 Engine) from tickrate 100 (HL Engine)

This is what makes me hate CS:S, and that's what people mean with the hitboxes lagging.
No, they're not lagging they're just extremely inaccurate due to all the guessing.

Furthermore, in CS:S, the stock interp value is 0.1, a VERY bad idea! This allows only 10 true FPS to be an excact player position, so I highly suggest all people to set it to the minimum allowed in matches (0.01) to get a more accurate player position.

You should also add a bit about ex_extrapmax, I don't know the exact thing about it, but I've been running it on 10 for some time because it's easier to spot laggers with it.

I can only say, this is an awesome guide, and definely some +REP for you.

PS. You shouldn't really be asking for reps

• Rep+
Reactions: Drax

·

29,532 Posts
This is nice, I'll have to direct all people who ask me about this, to here.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by gonX View Post
This is nice, I'll have to direct all people who ask me about this, to here.
You try that script yet?

·

29,532 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drax View Post
You try that script yet?
No, I use my own which has that one, just that it's a bit more improved.

Code:

Code:
gl_cull 0 ; alias gl_cull
cl_bob 0; alias cl_bob
cl_bobcycle 0.1 ; alias cl_bobcycle
cl_bobup 0 ; alias cl_bobup
r_mmx 1 ; alias r_mmx
zoom_sensitivity_ratio 1.0 ; alias zoom_sensitivity_ratio
name "gonX"
room_off 1 ; alias room_off
ex_interp 0 ; alias ex_interp
ex_extrapmax 10 ; alias ex_extrapmax
rate 25000 ; alias rate
cl_updaterate 101
cl_cmdrate 101
That's my current script. (userconfig.cfg)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

No, I use my own which has that one, just that it's a bit more improved.

Code:

Code:
gl_cull 0 ; alias gl_cull
cl_bob 0; alias cl_bob
cl_bobcycle 0.1 ; alias cl_bobcycle
cl_bobup 0 ; alias cl_bobup
r_mmx 1 ; alias r_mmx
zoom_sensitivity_ratio 1.0 ; alias zoom_sensitivity_ratio
name "gonX"
room_off 1 ; alias room_off
ex_interp 0 ; alias ex_interp
ex_extrapmax 10 ; alias ex_extrapmax
rate 25000 ; alias rate
cl_updaterate 101
cl_cmdrate 101
That's my current script. (userconfig.cfg)
Lord, you don't want to see my userconfig.

6KB of raw text. I can hear you halfway across the map.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Half way across the map huh. Mind telling me the commands for that. I use an average set of rates for every server.

(cmdrate 60, updaterate 80, rate 18000, ex_interp .01)

·

29,532 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dek- View Post
Half way across the map huh. Mind telling me the commands for that. I use an average set of rates for every server.

(cmdrate 60, updaterate 80, rate 18000, ex_interp .01)
That's pretty good, though I cannot stress how important it is to have the same cmdrate as updaterate, because sending more of whatever each, can cause delays, and this is where ALOT of guessing (interp) comes in.

·

29,532 Posts
Oh yeah, is there other programs than WMP to idle the system clock?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Oh yeah, is there other programs than WMP to idle the system clock?
If you mean setting a high-res timer then yes, there is. You can idle on a macromedia flash object like a banner or something that you make to force a high-res timer. Do some more research, I'm sure you can find something gonX. If you do find smoething to force a high-res timer then pm me here please.

dek- Sorry man! Can't spread that config around because then everyone would be as good as me.

Thanks for the good comments and reps everyone.

·

29,532 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JacKz5o View Post
I don't get this High-Resolution Idle thing in the background. What does an idle WMP supose to do??
It's like tickrate, just for allowing it to be higher than 100 fps which is the standard of windows. A faster timer (usually +500) should be activated for maximum help.

Oh yeah, have you ever heard of FPS Booster? I know it's a .exe file you should run instead of the hlds.exe, that will activate a higher timer.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by gonX
View Post

It's like tickrate, just for allowing it to be higher than 100 fps which is the standard of windows. A faster timer (usually +500) should be activated for maximum help.

Oh yeah, have you ever heard of FPS Booster? I know it's a .exe file you should run instead of the hlds.exe, that will activate a higher timer.

FPS Booster is a plugin for source.

·

29,532 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drax View Post
FPS Booster is a plugin for source.
Which also exists for 1.6

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drax
View Post

Lord, you don't want to see my userconfig.

6KB of raw text. I can hear you halfway across the map.

haha, id like to take a look, i've been expirimenting with the settings and rates just to see for myself what would happen.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I keep searching for a thread on cs:s rates, but i can only find this one. Does such a thread exist? If it does could someone post a link to it because i cant find it with the crappy search.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts